JOE'S GOES RETRO

MSJ Snare

THIS SUNDAY, NOV.6TH @ THE BATAVIA MIDDLE SCHOOL, BATAVIA NY...

The year was 1965, or was it '66 or maybe even '68. So many years ago and so many great memories. St. Joe's of Batavia NY, one of the premier junior drum & bugle corps of it's time, played tunes like "Rock A Bye My Baby", "My Heart Belongs to Daddy", "Hey Big Spender" and so many others. The corps brought goose bumps to those in the stands and even those competing against them. Mighty St. Joe's, as it would soon to be recognized as, won 1st place honors year after year from all over NY, PA and Canada. These were WNY's finest drum corps moments. Well it's time for the Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps to help everyone relive those years and moments before the memories slip away forever.

It's time "JOE'S GOES RETRO"!

Welcome to the 2012 Edition of Mighty St. Joe's

FROM THE 2012 MUSIC COMMITTEE:

Repertoire for this year will include SONGS OF THE 60'S:

-Jose

-When Johnny Comes Marching Home

-Big Spender

-My Heart Belongs to Daddy

-At the End of the Rainbow

-Rock-a-Bye Your Baby

REHEARSAL IS FROM 9:30 TIL 1:00

NEXT REHEARSAL IS NOV.13TH @ THE LEROY MIDDLE SCHOOL, LEROY NY - SAME TIMES!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS SUNDAY, NOV.6TH @ THE BATAVIA MIDDLE SCHOOL, BATAVIA NY...

The year was 1965, or was it '66 or maybe even '68. So many years ago and so many great memories. St. Joe's of Batavia NY, one of the premier junior drum & bugle corps of it's time, played tunes like "Rock A Bye My Baby", "My Heart Belongs to Daddy", "Hey Big Spender" and so many others. The corps brought goose bumps to those in the stands and even those competing against them. Mighty St. Joe's, as it would soon to be recognized as, won 1st place honors year after year from all over NY, PA and Canada. These were WNY's finest drum corps moments. Well it's time for the Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps to help everyone relive those years and moments before the memories slip away forever.

It's time "JOE'S GOES RETRO"!

Welcome to the 2012 Edition of Mighty St. Joe's

FROM THE 2012 MUSIC COMMITTEE:

Repertoire for this year will include SONGS OF THE 60'S:

-Jose

-When Johnny Comes Marching Home

-Big Spender

-My Heart Belongs to Daddy

-At the End of the Rainbow

-Rock-a-Bye Your Baby

REHEARSAL IS FROM 9:30 TIL 1:00

NEXT REHEARSAL IS NOV.13TH @ THE LEROY MIDDLE SCHOOL, LEROY NY - SAME TIMES!

OK I will be there along with lots of other people I hope!!!!!!! Edited by bariman50

Oh yea, Sunday 930,Batavia, original home of St Joes, lets all be there, lots of work to do................ :cool:

What a great practice today in Batavia, 30+ horns did 2 new tunes, great start, next week Leroy Sunday 9:30 be there for 40+ horns and a huge drum line. :cool:

MSJ REHEARSAL #2

- this Sunday, 11/13 @ the LeRoy Middle School

- 2-6 Trigon Place of E. Main St.

- 9:30 'til 1:00

- openings in all sections

1965 my favorite St Joes year...........

Agreed. The corps was awesome old school. Great lead line and drum line. I loved the way they entered the field to a single snare tap with the drum line carrying their drums perched on their shoulders. They would attach the drums to the slngs, then 4 snare taps and the drum line would rumble to life as the guard and horns would file in and snap one by one onto the starting line at attention then parade rest. Gives me chills just remembering!

what?

no "Bubbles was a cheerleader"? Now THAT was a classic (seriously - I loved it)

and when will we here Lassus (sp?) Trombones? You'd have to bring papa Pero out of mothballs

MSJ REHEARSAL #3 - THIS SUNDAY - 11/20

• 9:30 'til 1:00

• Le Roy Middle School

what?

no "Bubbles was a cheerleader"? Now THAT was a classic (seriously - I loved it)

and when will we here Lassus (sp?) Trombones? You'd have to bring papa Pero out of mothballs

I don't know about "Bubbles", Tom. It always seemed so "light in the loafers" relative to Cozz's "blow the house down" style. At Geneva, we were amused to hear them play a song that made them sound like they were just skipping merrily along. There was a big difference between Joe's on Cozz and Joe's on Corky.