Profiles In Music Standstill Apr 14, 2012

JimF-LowBari

OK everyone.. only thing I have to say is: Have a safe trip......

So far, so good Kris and I will be there... Just have to take the 10.5 lb monster of a Bichon Frise to the kennel in the morning, pack our crap and hope to see you at the show and/or after party.

Yes Tony... I'm packing the badge.... :tongue:

I don't know about any percussion clinics, but I might be attending a "Guinness clinic" at an Irish pub in downtown Baltimore this evening. :tongue:

"Attending" or "hosting/conducting" said clinic??? :biggrin:

"Attending" or "hosting/conducting" said clinic??? :biggrin:

Participating. :tongue:

All is well. :thumbup:

Well run show! Didn't get to see anyone else unfortunately, but had a blast!

Saw all but two corps and heard good bit of those shows from the lobby (needed them there stretch breaks). Went with the unique (OK wierd ###ed) perspective of belonging to the host corps but not participating in anything this year. So got to view as a audience member but got to hear from corps members and management about how things were going. We also stayed at Heritage Hills and our room was right across from the lobby (great location for Handicapped access room) and got to run into and talk to a lot of people that way. Haven't heard anything offical but general idea I got was the corps was pleased with the response (well that's a no brainer as it was sold out IIRC) and will do it again in 2013.

And the list of things to improve on for next year is being worked on. Believe food at the after party will be looked into..... at least I'll bring that up along with the change (mix up?) of location.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I hope someone got recordings/ vids of the performances. Had a great time as always! PA folk are so kind and polite. I actually found myself saying, thank you friend, quite often and those of you that know me know I do not normally talk like that or use the brother term. Nice job Lancers!

Well run show! Didn't get to see anyone else unfortunately, but had a blast!

Same sentiments here... the Lancers did a great job running this event. And it was a fun day all around!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Same sentiments here... the Lancers did a great job running this event. And it was a fun day all around!

And playing Never Walk Alone was a nice way to end the show!

• Like 1

And playing Never Walk Alone was a nice way to end the show!

OK, I'll say it now. When I heard that Lancers were going on after Cabs I was wondering if that would be a big mistake. But then I found out about the "Never Walk" ending and felt better if.... enough members of other horn lines joined in.

From the audience it looked and sounded great. Also heard a few people got choked up over it. The version has been used every since it was arranged (one of the few pieces where a 3rd valve is not required) and is the corps motto. We usually have three parade tunes and this is always one of them.

• Like 1

Saw all but two corps and heard good bit of those shows from the lobby (needed them there stretch breaks). Went with the unique (OK wierd ###ed) perspective of belonging to the host corps but not participating in anything this year. So got to view as a audience member but got to hear from corps members and management about how things were going. We also stayed at Heritage Hills and our room was right across from the lobby (great location for Handicapped access room) and got to run into and talk to a lot of people that way. Haven't heard anything offical but general idea I got was the corps was pleased with the response (well that's a no brainer as it was sold out IIRC) and will do it again in 2013.

And the list of things to improve on for next year is being worked on. Believe food at the after party will be looked into..... at least I'll bring that up along with the change (mix up?) of location.

Apologies for showing late to this party....LOL

I'd like to "vote" for an actual "Row AA"... devil.gif