Thanks Bill!! thumbup.gif

Donna (my wife) is the brunette behind Cheryl (Kevin's wife) in the Rifle Line on the left!

*Edit*

On second look, I think the blond is Amanda (Guard Instructor) and Cheryl is not in the photo. Cheryl is on Amanda's right just out of this frame... (Cheryl, Amanda and Karen are blonds, Donna is the only brunette.)

Gotta love the brunettes in the rifle line...LoL...

You Tony! That IS Cheryl....Haha

Gotta love the brunettes in the rifle line...LoL...

You Tony! That IS Cheryl....Haha

I was right the first time? (rare for me... shutup.gif)

I happened to be standing just inside the back door as Reilly's horn line was coming out after their show. As a particular woman horn player began to approach I said (loudly) to a colleague, "My God!!! Look at how old they are!" The doctors tell me that the bruise will disappear in just a few more weeks.

I happened to be standing just inside the back door as Reilly's horn line was coming out after their show. As a particular woman horn player began to approach I said (loudly) to a colleague, "My God!!! Look at how old they are!" The doctors tell me that the bruise will disappear in just a few more weeks.

You may have a case of "Senior Abuse" there Mr Roo.... shutup.gif

Short review.... apologies if this is a bit light on detail:

This was the first time I've been to this Plymouth show... and, IMO, 1) the venue is good (especially the accoustics), 2) the emcee does a great job (very enthusiastic) and 3) I honestly thought all the corps in this show brought their "A" games.

I have never seen Crusaders Senior, Bridgemen Alumni or Caballeros Alumni put on what I would call a bad performance... and this show was no exception. All three were wonderful. If I were a show sponsor, I would want all three of these corps in my show every time.

Hadn't seen St. Kevin's in quite a while until this show.... and what a difference from my first viewing! Very solid brass and percussion and some great memories with the old St. Kevin's tunes.

Park City Pride's DM Bob Findley was in good form with his one-liners, and the corps treated us all to some great charts, played well (even the song they learned outside, 15 minutes before the show... at least according to Mr. Findley. LOL). And I am amazed at the ladies who perform on both rifles and cymbals. This from a guy who has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. :tongue:

The Reilly Raiders were at the top of their game... one of the best performances I've heard from them. Solid brass solos, and a whole lot of energy from the entire corps. Nice mix of old-school and "modern-day" charts and color guard work.

Westchester Brassmen continue to be a pleasant surprise for the folks who don't know much about them. Solid across the board... absolutely beautiful uniforms... and they look like they are really enjoying themselves while performing.

Speaking of pleasant surprises... Les Diplomates. :thumbup: I saw them at the Barnum Festival show in July, and honestly, they were rough around the edges there. But at Plymouth... wow. Strong performance... a lot of fun, and some really good brass, percussion and color guard work. The audience loved these guys!

Holy Family Defenders Alumni, were, in a word, great!!! What a terrific performance. Strong horn line, top-drawer percussion section (in particular the mallet player during the drum solo), and a color guard that looked competition-ready. They were also one of the corps that really made good use of the "horseshoe" configuration of the seating area, with their horn line playing to both sides of the audience.

Overall, a nice night... and a wonderful weekend. I hope I can get back there next year!

• Like 1

For those of you who are able to travel, the Plymouth "America's Homecoming Celebration" is a family-oriented weekend. The nReunion Concert Saturday night, great food, a big parade, the concerts, demonstrations, exhibits.

(Did I mention the food?)

Here is a slideshow of photos taken of the participating senior/alumni corps at the 2011 Plymouth Reunion Concert, published in the Brockton (MA) Enterprise.

Click on:

http://www.enterprisenews.com/photos/x1010858605/Senior-Drum-and-Bugle-Corps-Reunion-Concert?foto=12

• Like 1

Here is a slideshow of photos taken of the participating senior/alumni corps at the 2011 Plymouth Reunion Concert, published in the Brockton (MA) Enterprise.

Click on:

http://www.enterpris...Concert?foto=12

Thanks Bill!! thumbup.gif