Thanks for the videos, BFDTV!!!!

The guy that read the tribute to Ralph Silverbrand sounded like Fran Haring, but when I saw what he was wearing I knew it was someone who just sounds a lot like him. :tongue:

I marched (well, I ambled more than marched) in the show with the Defenders Alumni Corps, so I only saw some of it.

1. The crowd reactions were very positive for all nine alumni corps and of the format. Like any show "back in the day," the popcorn eaters came to the prepared to root for their favorite corps.
  2. The styles music and showmanship of each group were unique, so there was "something for everyone."
  3. Not a bad seat in the house.
  4. Parking was a bit tough (limited).
  5. The Hawthorne Cabs' tribute to Ralph Silverbrand was very warmly received, although the audience had thinned a bit, given the Cab's went on last and the hour was late.
  6. Thankfully, there were no corps-fights in the parking lot. (Medicare doesn't cover that stuff.) The informal socialization between corps members was enjoyable.
  7. Organizers did a good job coordinating schedules, providing a warm-up hall across the street, etc.
  8. Cabby Shack and Lobster Hut were packed by corps members and families for a late lunch/early supper. We had great New England food and socialized. I had a nice day strolling down memory lane with former members of the CT Hurricanes, 27th Lancers, East Boston Assumption Cadets, Cambridge Caballeros, Lt. Norman Prince "Princemen," and Blessed Sac. In particular, I enjoyed learning about the history of the "Park City Pride" organization from Bridgeport, CT.

The guy that read the tribute to Ralph Silverbrand sounded like Fran Haring, but when I saw what he was wearing I knew it was someone who just sounds a lot like him. :tongue:

Fran was incognito in Plymouth.... devil.gif

That wasn't Fran; that was his evil twin - the one who dresses normally.

BFDTV Loves Drum Corps!

• Like 1

BFDTV Loves Drum Corps!

THANK YOU for all of your hard work producing and editing the DC videos!! thumbup.gif

I marched (well, I ambled more than marched) in the show with the Defenders Alumni Corps, so I only saw some of it.

1. The crowd reactions were very positive for all nine alumni corps and of the format. Like any show "back in the day," the popcorn eaters came to the prepared to root for their favorite corps.
  2. The styles music and showmanship of each group were unique, so there was "something for everyone."
  3. Not a bad seat in the house.
  4. Parking was a bit tough (limited).
  5. The Hawthorne Cabs' tribute to Ralph Silverbrand was very warmly received, although the audience had thinned a bit, given the Cab's went on last and the hour was late.
  6. Thankfully, there were no corps-fights in the parking lot. (Medicare doesn't cover that stuff.) The informal socialization between corps members was enjoyable.
  7. Organizers did a good job coordinating schedules, providing a warm-up hall across the street, etc.
  8. Cabby Shack and Lobster Hut were packed by corps members and families for a late lunch/early supper. We had great New England food and socialized. I had a nice day strolling down memory lane with former members of the CT Hurricanes, 27th Lancers, East Boston Assumption Cadets, Cambridge Caballeros, Lt. Norman Prince "Princemen," and Blessed Sac. In particular, I enjoyed learning about the history of the "Park City Pride" organization from Bridgeport, CT.

After the show, there was an all-corps party right on the floor where the corps had performed that evening. It seemed, however, that the only corps that attended in great numbers were the Crusaders(the corps that never goes home)and St. Kevens. Crazy Eddie Kelley (a member of my Crusaders corps) was the disc jockey, and we had a great time until the hall staff asked us to leave (at 1:00 am) I don't know if the other corps were unaware of the party, or if they just chose to not attend. But we had a blast.

After the show, there was an all-corps party right on the floor where the corps had performed that evening. It seemed, however, that the only corps that attended in great numbers were the Crusaders(the corps that never goes home)and St. Kevens. Crazy Eddie Kelley (a member of my Crusaders corps) was the disc jockey, and we had a great time until the hall staff asked us to leave (at 1:00 am) I don't know if the other corps were unaware of the party, or if they just chose to not attend. But we had a blast.

I don't speak for any Corps, (My wife marches with Reilly) I know we had not heard anything about an after party there at the hall....

We did go back to the hotel (a block or so away) where everyone was told there would be an after party though. worthy.gif

I did not know about any celebration in Memorial Hall after the show. I drove home to Vermont that night and went deer hunting at sunrise, whistling "Cherry Blossom Pink and Apple Blossom White" and "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor."