I don't speak for any Corps, (My wife marches with Reilly) I know we had not heard anything about an after party there at the hall....

We did go back to the hotel (a block or so away) where everyone was told there would be an after party though. worthy.gif

I guess the organizers need to be sure to let people know about the party. At $5.00 a beer and $8.00 a mixed drink, the two bars on the floor made money, but with better attendance, they could have really raked it in.

I guess the organizers need to be sure to let people know about the party. At $5.00 a beer and $8.00 a mixed drink, the two bars on the floor made money, but with better attendance, they could have really raked it in.

If that's an accurate account of how much it was to drink at Memorial Hall, and I'm sure it was, you'll NEVER catch me there partying! Way too much when you consider you can just hang at your hotel & dip into your own cooler!

Reilly had a great time! Sorry, but like many of the performers, I didn't get a chance to see any other corps perform. Kinda stinks but it is what it is I guess. Got a chance to socialize with my Bridgemen buds before the parade kicked off which was great, but never enough time...

Saw Fran Haring at the East Grill in downtown Plymouth & THAT place has really superb offerings as well as great service! Lobster Bisque!!!!...PLUS a pretty good band that night!!!

Several of us flew to Boston for a change instead of doing the bus thing with the corps & it went smoothly...thought maybe we could check out "Cheers" or something but was advised (plane landed at 230 that Friday) to get to the rental car & get out of town because traffic could be bad....good advice btw!

Was extremely happy with our show & look forward to the Dixie Stinger!

Take care everyone!

• Like 1

If that's an accurate account of how much it was to drink at Memorial Hall, and I'm sure it was, you'll NEVER catch me there partying! Way too much when you consider you can just hang at your hotel & dip into your own cooler!

Reilly had a great time! Sorry, but like many of the performers, I didn't get a chance to see any other corps perform. Kinda stinks but it is what it is I guess.

Was extremely happy with our show & look forward to the Dixie Stinger!

After we performed (Defenders) I saw the shows that followed. I knew what to expect at a Reunion Concert, and was looking forward to it.

I was happy to experience the "our-average-age-is-55" classic Reilly, who put on a trademark all-in stroll down memory lane. I cannot imagine any popcorn eater in Memorial Hall felt cheated by Reilly's show.

I admit these Irish eyes were leakin' a wee bit during the closer.

Edited by Navillus WP
  • Like 1

:w00t:

After we performed (Defenders) I saw the shows that followed. I knew what to expect at a Reunion Concert, and was looking forward to it.

I was happy to experience the "our-average-age-is-55" Reilly put on a trademark all-in stroll down memory lane. I cannot imagine any popcorn eater in Memorial Hall felt cheated by Reilly's show.

Thank you so much for those kind words...they just made my day actually!

:worthy::w00t:

• Like 1

I did not know about any celebration in Memorial Hall after the show. I drove home to Vermont that night and went deer hunting at sunrise, whistling "Cherry Blossom Pink and Apple Blossom White" and "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor."

Vermont deer overheard saying to his friends Sunday afternoon, "I'm not kidding, there was this guy running around the woods this morning in a band uniform with a big silver horn whistling what sounded like Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White!! "

I was happy to experience the "our-average-age-is-55" Reilly put on a trademark all-in stroll down memory lane. I cannot imagine any popcorn eater in Memorial Hall felt cheated by Reilly's show.

It was also "Reilly" great to hear Truman's "Ballyhoo" live once again. Had me playin' the contra part shortly thereafter!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, I'm with Kevin!! thumbup.gif

For my wife (Donna is in the Raiders' Rifle Line) and my Reilly Raiders friends, THANK YOU! worthy.gif

Vermont deer overheard saying to his friends Sunday afternoon, "I'm not kidding, there was this guy running around the woods this morning in a band uniform with a big silver horn whistling what sounded like Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White!! "

Nah, I changed outa my uniform .... :rolleyes:

388202_191427470943153_100002277036981_442657_1190804584_n.jpg

Thanks Bill!! thumbup.gif

Donna (my wife) is the brunette behind Cheryl (Kevin's wife) in the Rifle Line on the left!

*Edit*

On second look, I think the blond is Amanda (Guard Instructor) and Cheryl is not in the photo. Cheryl is on Amanda's right just out of this frame... (Cheryl, Amanda and Karen are blonds, Donna is the only brunette.)

Edited by TennTux