The Bridgemen Alumni Official Finals Week Petition

I wore out old betamax tapes as a kid watching the Bridgemen, endlessly. I've seen videos of the alumni corps performances.

Anyway, alumni corps are like going to watch a reunion game of the 1976 Harlem Globetrotters.

And... once something has been done, what's the point of doing it again? There are loads of new possibilities out there to explore.

I swore I wouldnt get into ANY xxxxxxx match with you. ( and wont ) BUT as far as your comments I may agree with moving forward, new ways of doing things, new toys, a new approach to running our activity, progress, not being stuck in the past BUT you comments on not returning for a moment within a venue that many might be entertaining during a current competition , theres no reason to listen to a person who clearly does not understand the basic premise and wide range of supporters of this activity or even what this activity stands for... JMO..out!!!!! :blink:

Being a close party of their past I would like to see them entertain at DCI BUT only if they invited many to join in as 27th did and go way over the top and not try to be something other than what they were back in the late 70s early 80s

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

I swore I wouldnt get into ANY xxxxxxx match with you. ( and wont ) BUT as far as your comments I may agree with moving forward, new ways of doing things, new toys, a new approach to running our activity, progress, not being stuck in the past BUT you comments on not returning for a moment within a venue that many might be entertaining during a current competition , theres no reason to listen to a person who clearly does not understand the basic premise and wide range of supporters of this activity or even what this activity stands for... JMO..out!!!!! :blink:

Being a close party of their past I would like to see them entertain at DCI BUT only if they invited many to join in as 27th did and go way over the top and not try to be something other than what they were back in the late 70s early 80s

Again, I absolutely LOVED The Bridgemen... they were legend.

For whatever reason, the alumni corps just simply isn't up to the level to be playing at finals... regardless of what they are playing, if it is new or old.

Take the emotional aspect out of it for a second and try to view it objectively... somehow it simply just isn't there. This is reality.

Apart from that, I'm not really a fan of any alumni corps in general, and was really not all that enthused when there was a push to put together an alumni performance of the corps I was in as a kid for two reasons:

1) There is simply no way it could meet par for the brand established by the organization

2) It distracts resources and attention from the current kids out there

I'm sure it would be fun to play a bit... but better to do it under a different name and vehicle (Star United is a good example of how this can be done exactly right).

• Like 2

IT IS bad enough at the end of ALLENTOWN.

I LIKE THE BRIDGEMEN BUT THE SHOW IS TOO LONG , too cheesy for 2012 , AND THE FIRE IS OUT,

SORRY.

PHANTOM

CAVIES

NLUE DEVILS THEN

THE BRIDGEMEN ALUMNI ?????

DONT DO IT. PLEASE.....

If they want to compete and perform at big shows join DCA.

Don't hold back ... Tell us what you really think. cool.gif

I don't know why all these people stayed around and are standing and clapping? I guess the couple of empty seats are youse guys going for Hot Dogs! Save some room for this year....

963339221_4v3a7-XL.jpg

That's not not even this years picture of Allentown , of ALL THE PEOPLE WHO STAYED IN THAT TROPICAL RAIN SYORM.

• Like 2

Spectacular photo! :thumbup:

I wore out old betamax tapes as a kid watching the Bridgemen, endlessly. I've seen videos of the alumni corps performances.

Anyway, alumni corps are like going to watch a reunion game of the 1976 Harlem Globetrotters.

And... once something has been done, what's the point of doing it again? There are loads of new possibilities out there to explore.

I wore out video tapes watching Star, SCV, etc. Didn't stop me from enjoying their alumni projects. never had the chance to see Royal Airs back in the day, enjoyed them very much. Cabs are wall to wall "rehash" and fans everywhere love them.

trust me, look at DCI the last few years...stuff being "rehashed" has drawn some of the best audience responses.

but doing new for the sake of new is one of several factors that killed attendance.

so what's smarter business?

• Like 1

As I said in a previous post given enough time to prepare the bridgemen alumni or any other alumni corps (no matter under what name they might appear) would put on a show just as good as Star alumni. Star in 2010 were amazing and I'm delighted to say I was there because I never got the chance to see them when they were still competing.

Nobody would expect to see the same bridgemen from the early 1980s in the same way in 2010 nobody expected to see star from the early 1990s.

Nobody's judging this performance, it's no more than a 15-20 minute trip down memory lane for the vast majority of the paying audience.

• Like 1