I wonder if we can relocate the PA system at the Passaic Tech stadium to the stadium at Clifton. LOL

The Passaic Tech system is excellent. The one at Clifton can be an adventure, shall we say. :tongue:

"'Tis a poor craftsman that blames his tools" (even though he's right).

"'Tis a poor craftsman that blames his tools"

Let me guess... you learned that in the one-room schoolhouse you attended in the early 1800s. :tongue:

Wow...we even dug our way thru mountains of snow and and miles of forests to get there..

:ph34r:

You forgot to add...uphill both ways while barefoot.. :devil:

Oooorah !!!

Pat

Let me guess... you learned that in the one-room schoolhouse you attended in the early 1800s. :tongue:

And here it is:

800px-Little_House_Wayside_replica.jpg

Courtesy: Little House On The Prarie ... now we know who nicknamed him the Roo: his teacher, Laura Ingalls

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

And here it is:

800px-Little_House_Wayside_replica.jpg

Courtesy: Little House On The Prarie ... now we know who nicknamed him the Roo: his teacher, Laura Ingalls

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

I don't know where you guys got the idea that I went to a one-room schoolhouse? We couldn't even afford that one room. I learned to write by using charcoal on the back of a shovel - just like my classmate, Abe. We learned how to do that from the kid in the class ahead of us - some kid named Haring.

And Laura Ingalls... Oy!!! Vat a hottie!!!

I don't know where you guys got the idea that I went to a one-room schoolhouse? We couldn't even afford that one room. I learned to write by using charcoal on the back of a shovel - just like my classmate, Abe. We learned how to do that from the kid in the class ahead of us - some kid named Haring.

And Laura Ingalls... Oy!!! Vat a hottie!!!

I think I saw that house once driving through Cleveland

We learned how to do that from the kid in the class ahead of us - some kid named Haring.

That would have been my great-great-great-great uncle, Jedidiah Haring.

He ended up being a player in the early charcoal-grill business in the Midwest.

His slogan was, "Want to grill an animal that's dead? Buy your charcoal straight from Jed."

I can't decide between two "stadia" --

* Toronto's original CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) Stadium, along the shore of Lake Ontario. (hosted Shriners)

* Dallas' Cotton Bowl (in Irving, actually)

My earlier answers were based upon those venues that still exist. However that is not the only path this thread has followed.

If you're talking "best stadium" as far as atmosphere or ambience, Roosevelt Stadium, site of The Dream, The Preview of Champions, The 1966 VFW Nationals and The 1963 World Open, and the 1972 DCA Championship wins, hands down, no comparison. But, as others have said, the field was usually pretty awful. Often, the field was more dirt than grass, dusty from baking in the hot summer sun (though a few years saw it as a 'mud bowl!'), and the grandstand had generally less-than-desirable customer 'creature comforts' (some would call it a dump!).

Still, the number one fond memory of stadiums in which I marched and competed. The atmosphere was electric, whether we came in first or last. If you were never there as either spectator or competitor, you have no idea how special those Dream Contest afternoons were! :thumbup:

Edited by cabalumnidrummer
  • Like 2