A City for Championships

I am sure Annapolis will be great BUT.....

In your opinion (this is for fun people), what city would be centrally located to host DCA Championships? Keep in mind stadiums/cities that have had success with corps shows.

Nashville, Memphis, Toledo, Indiannapolis, Whitewater (I just threw out these cities but you can suggest another.

I am sure Annapolis will be great BUT.....

In your opinion (this is for fun people), what city would be centrally located to host DCA Championships? Keep in mind stadiums/cities that have had success with corps shows.

Nashville, Memphis, Toledo, Indiannapolis, Whitewater (I just threw out these cities but you can suggest another.

Keith, I'm not sure that previous success with drum corps shows needs to be a consideration for championships. I really didn't see many/any attendees at Scranton or Rochester whom I felt to be "locals." I may be wrong, but everyone I saw appeared to have some kind of corps affiliation - jacket, cap, t-shirt, etc.

• Like 1

Annapolis. :smile:

Vegas would be nice....

:lookaround:

Toronto Ottawa Montreal :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::smile::smile::smile:

Passports... the Canada is just another State routine will no longer work... until everyone throws in the towel and gets a passport... Canada is out of the question...

sorry - I'd love it... BUT....................

Keith, I'm not sure that previous success with drum corps shows needs to be a consideration for championships. I really didn't see many/any attendees at Scranton or Rochester whom I felt to be "locals." I may be wrong, but everyone I saw appeared to have some kind of corps affiliation - jacket, cap, t-shirt, etc.

I don't see where Keith's post said anything about "locals" attending a DCA, just that it might be centrally "located" somewhere. My first DCA was in Rochester in 73 and my last was in Rochester 2011...I LIKE Ra Cha Cha. It is and always has been a Senior drum corps town. That would be MY choice.

Kemo

well....Winston Salem.

see...you do need some success. because not everyone will travel. People in PA and MD didnt go to Rochester. "too far"

when it was in Allentown or Scranton, people in upstate NY didn't travel. "too far".

you need to build the region in which you host it...not just the town but the region....because that way you can offset those that do not travel. You go somewhere and see fans drop to say 4 or 5k....and the corps arent making money, and finals weekend is all about them making money.

well....Winston Salem.

see...you do need some success. because not everyone will travel. People in PA and MD didnt go to Rochester. "too far"

when it was in Allentown or Scranton, people in upstate NY didn't travel. "too far".

you need to build the region in which you host it...not just the town but the region....because that way you can offset those that do not travel. You go somewhere and see fans drop to say 4 or 5k....and the corps arent making money, and finals weekend is all about them making money.

Sorry. I guess I misunderstood the definition of "previous success." I assumed that success meant drawing in large numbers of locals. I didn't see many locals at all at Scranton or Rochester. If the intent is to try to bring in large numbers of locals to help "build a region," then I'm all for it. However, if building a region is a major part of the goal, then a very heavy public ad campaign prior to finals is crucial; otherwise it's just "all of us" going to finals.