Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

People are going to be really surprised when this announcement comes out, but it's going to be a good one! A couple folks are on the right track with the borrowed and blue stuff, but no right answers.... Just wait. This is going to be a great show from scv!

• Like 3

People are going to be really surprised when this announcement comes out, but it's going to be a good one! A couple folks are on the right track with the borrowed and blue stuff, but no right answers.... Just wait. This is going to be a great show from scv!

Do you happen to know when the announcement will be?

Judging by the comments about being close but no one getting it. I have a feeling the "old" will be bringing back some stuff from the late 80's/early 90's when they were killin' it with the musicals.

That being said, I would LOVE to see them bring back some "old" stuff from Miss Saigon, borrow a little bit from the Blue Devils, maybe "If We were in Love" from Yes, Georgio(of course minus the sop fracks in 89, unless it's a duet and the partner steps away like the guy did with BD, then use it) Maybe borrow some When a Man Loves a Woman, although, probably not, shouldn't touch that because it's timeless.

Maybe for new we can hear some stuff by John Mackey, always fun.

For blue it'd be kinda cool to see them try to tackle some stuff from Kind of Blue.

Ok, now I'm starting to think of what I want to hear from BD.

Back to the original thread.

SCV will be fun. Amen.

Man, the suspense is killing me! Whatever it is though, I'm sure it's going to be absolutely AMAZING!

GO SCV 2012!

So, instead of throwing babies, they want us to throw....rice? :lookaround:

• Like 1

Yeah, ice-cold so far.

I don't know about that. I think all of the selections have SCV written all over them.

Do you have any idea when an official announcement will be made?

This'll teach me for missing last Saturday's meeting!!