Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

Try listening to SCV 1980. Even then it was borrowed. The Planets goes well back into drum corps history.

Very true.

However, The Cavaliers played two shows with music primarily from the Planets ( 1985, 1995) and won a DCI title with the repertoire.

Of course Des Plains Vanguard and Crossmen used the music for much of their shows in the past.

So, something from the Planets may not fit the new, borrowed, or Blue theme. But it would sound great! tongue.gif

Is it safe to assume that it is going to be 4 tunes not otherwise normally tied together? Kind of like Cadets' "Our Favorite Things"? If so, I'll take a stab....

something old--Great Gate of Kiev (haha...I could hope) I'll give a second guess. Candide

something new--something totally not heard of like some Mongolian overtone singing or something. Or maybe something similar

to that Eastern European techno music from 08

something borrowed--Goin Home from New World (sans the rock beat snares/ride cymbals)

something blue--either Blue Rondo a la Turk or something from Miles' Kind of Blue (I think a So What/Impressions transcription would

be really sweet in drum corps.)

Wasn't this JSU Spirit's them one year?

• Like 1

I'll play....

Old - Dark Orchid (they played in 1976, or was it '75?)

New - New Era

Borrowed - Free (Blue Devils '76)

Blue - Wedding Bell Blues (5th Dimension)

LOL

Yes, Spirit did this in 2006.

From the SCV Facebook page:

The 2012 Santa Clara Vanguard program isn't quite ready for an official announcement, but here are four hints to the musical selections, as described by this photo.

376523_10150523019190336_20586520335_11027153_796003459_n.jpg

Any ideas?

They will do something ing NEW for the corps and depart from their traditional style and go back to BORROW an OLD classic from the BLUE Devils and play Channel One Suite? kinda?

Old New Borrowed and Blue is the fourth studio album by the British rock group Slade. It was released on 15 February 1974 and reached No. 1 on the UK charts. The album was certified UK Gold by BPI the same month of release.

The album was released in the USA on the Warner Bros. label, under the title 'Stomp Your Hands, Clap Your Feet', minus the tracks "My Town" and "My Friend Stan", the latter reaching #1 in Ireland in October 1973.

The single, "Everyday" was their first not to have the standard 'Slade' sound on it, which is probably why it failed to get higher than #3 on the UK singles chart. The previous single to this was "Merry Xmas Everybody", which was to be their final #1 hit single, although 1983's "My Oh My" would later reach the #2 spot.

On the "Slade Talk To 19 Readers" bonus track, Holder explains the title of the album came from the fact that there are some old, new, borrowed and blue songs on the album.[1]

The album was certified UK Gold by BPI in February 1974.[2]

Originally, the album was planned to be released in the first week of February.[3][4]

Edited by michsta8

Songs from the album

1. Just a Little Bit

2. When the Lights Are Out

3. My Town

4. Find Yourself a Rainbow

5. Miles Out to Sea Listen

6. We're Really Gonna Raise the Roof

7. Do We Still Do It

8. How Can It Be?

9. Don't Blame Me

10. My Friend Stan

11. Everyday

12. Good Time Gals

Edited by michsta8

Old New Borrowed and Blue is the fourth studio album by the British rock group Slade. It was released on 15 February 1974 and reached No. 1 on the UK charts. The album was certified UK Gold by BPI the same month of release.

The album was released in the USA on the Warner Bros. label, under the title 'Stomp Your Hands, Clap Your Feet', minus the tracks "My Town" and "My Friend Stan", the latter reaching #1 in Ireland in October 1973.

The single, "Everyday" was their first not to have the standard 'Slade' sound on it, which is probably why it failed to get higher than #3 on the UK singles chart. The previous single to this was "Merry Xmas Everybody", which was to be their final #1 hit single, although 1983's "My Oh My" would later reach the #2 spot.

On the "Slade Talk To 19 Readers" bonus track, Holder explains the title of the album came from the fact that there are some old, new, borrowed and blue songs on the album.[1]

The album was certified UK Gold by BPI in February 1974.[2]

Originally, the album was planned to be released in the first week of February.[3][4]

Do you think George 'the hop' Hopkins has heard of Slade....

heres my second guess

Old New Borrowed Blue is a 1996 album by folk rock band Fairport Convention, although for this release, they were billed as "Fairport Acoustic Convention" as it was the band's first all-acoustic album in 29 years.[2] Part studio, part live, it was recorded to publicise a tour of the United States and consisted of cover versions, new songs and classic tracks dating back to the band's early career.[2] Dave Mattacks, who had provided drums and electronic instrumentation for previous albums, was absent.