Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

<I don’t know why every year SCV has to play this game. If you’re ready to announce your program, announce it. If not, don’t. Why play the “I’ve got a secret and I’m not telling” game. I see no advantage and it’s rather childlike. >

I agree with you. But - perhaps they know the DCP personalities better than we know ourselves?

I don’t know why every year SCV has to play this game. If you’re ready to announce your program, announce it. If not, don’t. Why play the “I’ve got a secret and I’m not telling” game. I see no advantage and it’s rather childlike.

Every year? Really? IIRC, last year they announced the show title and one of the pieces (the Ligeti piano etude) and filled in the rest of the repertoire later. Prior to that, they've been among the most straightforward about just announcing the theme and repertoire with a minimum of puffery in the announcement.

I would think someone like you would be ecstatic that they're bringing something out of the SCV vault for 2012 (um, if that's what they're really doing, I mean. Forget I said anything. These aren't the droids you're looking for).

• Like 3

I don't know why every year SCV has to play this game. If you're ready to announce your program, announce it. If not, don't. Why play the "I've got a secret and I'm not telling" game. I see no advantage and it's rather childlike.

1 word:

licensing

• Like 5

Last year they proclaimed that they would announce the show on a certain date. Then they reneged, something about the “graphics” package not being ready. A new date was set and that was missed because of “licensing” issues. Last year I don’t think BD announced their show until shortly before the season. It didn’t seem to hurt their performance or placement. When a program is ready to be announced, proclaim it for the entire world to hear. Until then there is no reason for the riddles and all the games.

• Like 1

Lighten up, Francis.

• Like 4

If by old, you mean something you’ve done before, I’d love to see 85’s Festive Overture complete with the uniform change...

Old Era uniform in ---> [```````````] ---> New Era uniform out

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 1

Old Era uniform in ---> [```````````] ---> New Era uniform out

I don't see that happening, although I wouldn't be entirely opposed if they did lol.

I don’t know why every year SCV has to play this game. If you’re ready to announce your program, announce it. If not, don’t. Why play the “I’ve got a secret and I’m not telling” game. I see no advantage and it’s rather childlike.

Seems to work well for most of the other corps out there. I don't think BD usually announces until about May every year, and it hasn't seem to ever hurt their success. Why is a show announcement have to tied to competitive success? I mean, the title has nothing to do with a show's success. Corps didn't really start using titles till well into the 80s, and some still don't use titles (Madison '10,'11)

Maybe it's time someone found a different hobby instead of giving your former corps a bad name by being petty and classless?

• Like 3