New Uniforms

Realistically, I expect to see tweaks from Phantom, Crown and BD. Those three have had a recent history of altering their uniforms to fit their show design. I'd like to see some slight tweaks to the Crossmen though, I like the style of their most recent uniforms, but think they can get the black to red to white ratio a little better.

ummm... I was joking about The Cadets going green and red.

• Like 3

Personally, I'd like to see SCV revert to their mid 80's uniforms and Regiment to revert to their 96 uniforms!

and if the fans are lucky, they will get them before the middle of July.

IMO, I think some of the corps realize that by waiting until late June or early July to incorporate their guard unis - it significantly raises their early season scores.

Run on pure marching design and music power the first couple weeks THEN pump up the visual scores by adding the new guard uniforms........and the sewing crews have an awful lot of work getting the huge number of brass/drum/pit uniforms fitted and ready. I think the guard uniforms are often fitted last.

Has any corps over the last 10 to 15 years 'recycled' their guard uniforms?

Usually the brass, drums and pit stay with the same basic uni with some changes in sash, gloves, hat/helmet, or adding a cape or something for 2 or 3 years, but don't most corps change the guard uni every year???

Crossmen have had the same uniforms since 2004. Just different color schemes, but they are the same uniforms. They did purchase some new ones in 2008 though, and I'm sure a couple of others throughout the years.

And I'm not talking about guard uniforms, just so there isn't any confusion.

I would love to see the Crossmen reincorporate red. I would also love to see the Crossmen back in finals! :thumbup:

I'm also hoping The Academy sticks with their new design. I was skeptical when I first saw pictures of it this past summer but I loved the way it looked on the field.

• Like 2

I would love to see the Crossmen reincorporate red. I would also love to see the Crossmen back in finals! :thumbup:

I'm also hoping The Academy sticks with their new design. I was skeptical when I first saw pictures of it this past summer but I loved the way it looked on the field.

Agreed. Those uniforms are freaking slick, even borderline sexy. w00t.gif