Your 2011 "Most" Awards

These "most" categories remind me of my favorite story about a first date:

A boy asks his father what he should do on his first date, and the father suggests that he "compliment her". Later that night the boy comes home with a black eye and the father asks what happened. The boy says, "I did what you said and told her that "for a fat girl, she didn't sweat much!" :tongue:

I don't see how that relates, but xD Good story.

Can you be more specific?

Why does he need to be?

• Like 1

Most Surprising Moment of the Season: Cadets winning the Visual Performance Award (I still don't get how BD lost in that category...I thought from an individual standpoint, the Cadets were weaker than BD, Cavies, Crown, and Phantom).

Most difficult show: Blue Knights - musically and visually insane, not clean enough to place higher

Most Expressive/Fun to watch colorguard: the Cavaliers

Most field coverage: tie - Boston Crusaders and Cadets

Most Catchy Tune: BD's "Say a Little Prayer"

Most impressive brass moment: Bluecoat's "Creep"

Most emotional moment: Phantom "Elsa's"

• Like 2

most win: cadets

most dizzy: cavaliers

most disappointing: SCV

most surprising: spirit!

most obnoxious staff during performance: TIE! madison/crown

most tears given: PR

most difficult to not love no matter how hard you tried: blue devils hornline, yowza!

most random and not affective body movement: bloocoats

most really sweet show that is difficult to come up with a 'most' award for: TIE! boston and BK

• Like 5

Rehearsal site most likely to cause delirium or heat stroke: Omaha, Nebraska.

Felt I should throw that out there.

• Like 1

Award for playing upside down: The Cavaliers

Award for being kinda cheated out: Phantom Regiment (I think they should have been 4th personally I LOVED that show!)

Award for most disappointing: Carolina Crown, I haven't like the shows they have produced for the past couple of seasons. Yes they have had AMAZING horn lines, but I am hoping they go back to doing stuff like 07-09 again. One can hope right?

Most improved: Spirit of Atlanta, no surprise here right?

All in all, it was a fantastic season!!! I loved what the corps brought to the field overall and i'm looking forward to what the future season has to offer!! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Best Use of Body Movement Award: The Cadets

I have never been a fan of body movement for random purposes. Star of Indiana started this in 1992. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now, as it is visually dirty and doesn't make much sense. But...

But, I like the body movement when it advances the overall show. Cadets did it like no other, beginning with the opening sequence where the demons tried to slice off the heads of the angels in the horn line. Brilliant, and visually stunning.

Then came the final horn chords where the angels play with one hand, pushing the demons to their knees, pointing to heaven.

Genius.

I actually agree. I always appreciated the fact that they make their visual effect in mainly marching, and effective logical body or horn moves. I feel like Crown especially gets too fancy, and it ends up not making musical sense, or does make musical sense, and is just dirty.