Bring A Bari Buddy To Cadets2 January Camp

After an extensive review of the November and December camps, the Cadets2 team has given high marks to the progress made so far, with the largest shortfall being the number of low brass, specifically baritones and tubas, who have been in attendance, as well the need for two or three quality front ensemble percussionists. Read [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/12/bring-a-bari-buddy-to-cadets2-january-camp/

So those are the target numbers in higher brass (first hard numbers I've seen).... Hope the corps gets the members to get the right blend but would be interesting if they didn't. Not a slam on the corps but have seen plenty of corps with unbalanced horn lines (there's an opening if I ever saw one) and working with that is a challenge. How corps handle it and how successful they are is a treat for a horn guy like me.

Don't all corps need more Baris? :devil:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Seeing as though the age limits for Cadets2 are the same as with DCI, I would venture to say 50-75% of this board, myself included, are too old. Perhaps this would receive more interest/potential in the DCI boards!

Seeing as though the age limits for Cadets2 are the same as with DCI, I would venture to say 50-75% of this board, myself included, are too old. Perhaps this would receive more interest/potential in the DCI boards!

???????????????

I thought their published intent was to try and hold the top age at 25? Hardly the same as DCI...

Did I miss something?

???????????????

I thought their published intent was to try and hold the top age at 25? Hardly the same as DCI...

Did I miss something?

no. just more people passing off falsehoods and bad rumors

"A DCI presence was considered but touring costs drew YEA! to request of DCA that Cadets2 be allowed to participate in their arena. And yes, there is the possibility we will loosen the age restrictions to 23 or 24, depending on demand." - from the Cadets^2 website.

At this point, I'm betting they'll take any of you 24 year old baritone players, if there are any of you who would want to do this.

I don't know about anyone else, but I applaud the Cadets for trying to offer a weekend-only version of the drum corps/Garfield experience, regardless of where they actually perform. Why don't you guys cut them some slack..... (or at least enjoy the humor and spirit behind the special rate for baris named Barry!)

• Like 2