Madison Scouts 2012

From the Madison Scout Facebook page:

'The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce their 2012 program title "Reframed" featuring selections from Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition"...Madisonized.'

Thoughts, comments, demands?

• Like 3

Of course we all expect them to come out every hear with a highly entertaining jazz, rock, show tune, or lately...retro type of show. So I can see how this choice might throw a lot of people off. But Robert Smith's arranging will likely be marvelous to the Mussorgsky pieces. I can see how these classical pieces could be arranged into a jazz mood.

There are certain elements to a show I think we all expect from Madison. Do I think Madison can maintain all of these elements with the music choice they made this year? Absolutely. The last few years I have been nothing but impressed. I feel that they will continue to perform exceptionally and more importantly entertain for 2012 with this choice.

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 3

From the Madison Scout Facebook page:

'The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce their 2012 program title "Reframed" featuring selections from Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition"...Madisonized.'

Thoughts, comments, demands?

That's pretty much all I needed to know! Can't wait to see it and hear it!

• Like 3

Very cool ...

• Like 1

Sounds like a very good musical choice for the Scouts! With their design staff I'm certain it will be entertaining!

• Like 2

If you can find a recording of Allyn Fergusons "Pictures at an Exhibition Framed in Jazz", this could be an extreme WIN for Madison. I have it on vinyl, but have been unable to find a CD version.

• Like 3