Madison Scouts 2012

I haven't reviewed the entire thread so if this is a repeat posting, I apologize. However, the last time Madison beat the Cavaliers was at DCM ("Drum Corps Midwest" for the newbies) in 1995 in DeKalb, IL. Madison was in the second of its three matador shows and the Cavies had the "Planets" show which, ultimately, took first at DCI. Needless to say, it's been a long dry spell re: Madison v. Cavies. No knock on the Cavies but it's good to see Madison in the thick of things after having not made finals on a few occasions. Congrats to the management staff, the instructional staff and, mostly, to the lads of Madison Corps. Bravo!.

I'm really looking forward to the first regional so we can see where all the corps actualy stack up against each other. Scouts are doing great so far!

• Madison Scouts topped their Midwestern rival Cavaliers for the first time in more than a decade Friday, June 29. In Muncie, Ind., the Madison Scouts took second place with a 72.80 to the Cavaliers’ third-place score of 71.70. The last time the Scouts put up a higher score than the Green Machine was 14 years ago on July 5, 1998 in Michigan City, Ind., scoring 79.60 to the Cavaliers’ 79.40. The two corps will next meet on July 3 in Cedarburg, Wis.