Madison Scouts 2012

Did anyone think it was strange to see the crowd standing for the company front-and rightfully so-then sitting down for the end of the final chord and standing again a few seconds later? How do you keep the crowd standing?

By having alumns like me screaming at them to stand the efffffft back up!

I think if they just keep getting louder and louder and add a couple more fast sets to keep generating energy to the end .. it will happen.

I think by finals it would happen anyway regardless of change. But it does need just one little thing to keep it going.

Maybe a 360 spin wedge?????? :thumbup:

Edited by supersop
  • Like 3

Two consistent complaints people are expressing about Madison's show...A growing number are referring to the Scouts as the "Madisynth" Scouts because of what they're hearing as an "over done" sound emanating from the electronics...And the other consistent remark is that people are apparently having a hard time with the "re-framed mash-up" meshing. I'm thinking it's probably rather early in the grand scheme of things, and we're a ways off from seeing and hearing the end product. I haven't seen the show yet, but I'll finally get to see the Men live on the 19th in Austin/Round Rock, TX so I can come to my own conclusions. But, I'm curious what others impressions are that have seen the Scouts live, especially as of late.

Donny has them sounding great .. but they need level 11 on the OMG scale for volume.

The mashup with Malaguena was EPIC!!!!!!!! Great arranging.

The ending needs a twist to keep it going after the pinwheel and Company Front.

One big thing ... there was no "OMG THEY'RE BLOWING OUT MY EARS" in the opening like they've done for the past 2 years. I was hoping it would be somewhere else in the show ... but no. I also wish there was a splash of red somewhere on the uniform. It's looking VERY dark out there but readable. Some red would help.

The framing stuff came across really well for me. No complaints. I was sitting on the 50 at the top of section D last night..... about 50 rows up. Impact was lost at that height for some reason (as evidenced when going down to row 10 for Bluecoats encore. Sound just isn't projecting enough for anyone. Bluestars probably had the biggest sound last night with regards to volume but not quality just yet).

Just my thoughts but I LOVED the show very much!

I openly hope for the spin wedge every year.

They have a pseudo spinner into the wedge .. but not ALA 1988 or 1989 ... or 1992 (the twist)? Maybe that was 91. Can't remember without looking.

Anybody notice the belt change from white to black? Do you think it makes them look cleaner on the field?

It does due to waist height differences ... but it's very dark out there now. Needs some sequins or a sash or something. Even a white sash rather than the black would work.

Did anyone think it was strange to see the crowd standing for the company front-and rightfully so-then sitting down for the end of the final chord and standing again a few seconds later? How do you keep the crowd standing?

well the people behind me didnt like that i stood up but i didnt care because they said boo when they announced madisonthumbdown.gif

Yes...noticed the black belts. I personally liked the white better...it brightened them up on the field. But...they still look awesome on the field...uniforms are masculine and don't look like "costumes".

• Like 1

Yes...noticed the black belts. I personally liked the white better...it brightened them up on the field. But...they still look awesome on the field...uniforms are masculine and don't look like "costumes".

Yes, I liked the white better too. I just wasn't sure if they change was made to clean things up a bit. The uniforms are great for these young men!

From what I understand those holes are filled...I'm not sure if it's injury or if they're just not fully in the show yet, in regards to them not marching at night.

In regards to the sword in the ground at the encore. That was a 1994 Brass Trophy....I can't remember what show it was won at, but maybe somebody on here can remember and help me out.

The 1994 Brass Trophy (if memory serves me right) was from Drums Along the Rockies. Also, that sword was used in a couple shows in 1997.

Yes. I definitely think it makes them look cleaner and more uniform