Madison Scouts 2012

same thing at Allentown. Even the home town team didn't get their reaction. Some of it mayhave been the rain, but not all of it.

Madison just reaches people. yeah they may have design flaws and performance issues that may keep them from contending, but since the re-branding, it's like in the 70's, and 80'sand 90's...no matter what, they get people off of their ##### and cheering

Exactly. And that is what they strive for. I'm sure they wouldn't mind climbing the ladder back into the top echelon but getting butts out of the seats has always been what they do best.

• Like 1

same thing at Allentown. Even the home town team didn't get their reaction. Some of it mayhave been the rain, but not all of it.

Madison just reaches people. yeah they may have design flaws and performance issues that may keep them from contending, but since the re-branding, it's like in the 70's, and 80'sand 90's...no matter what, they get people off of their ##### and cheering

Amen to this. They've really found their direction again and the fans (myself included!) are eating it up. They perform with such passion and fire it's incredible. I am really looking forward to their show again this year.

• Like 3

No, this one wasn't really to create an over the top response to my comment. This one was pretty true. I think, as well as others, that they were the crowd favorite.

But overwhelmingly? No chance. There was tons of support for many of the groups. It wasn't as lopsided as say 1996/97/99.

Plenty of people showed up and actually enjoyed other corps more than Madison.

• Like 3

No, this one wasn't really to create an over the top response to my comment. This one was pretty true. I think, as well as others, that they were the crowd favorite.

But overwhelmingly? No chance. There was tons of support for many of the groups. It wasn't as lopsided as say 1996/97/99.

Plenty of people showed up and actually enjoyed other corps more than Madison.

true. But.....Madison does something that gets reactions that vocal that others don't. And they do it consistently across the country

• Like 4

Madison does something that gets reactions that vocal that others don't. And they do it consistently across the country

Why is it when Madison stands in one formation and "wails" for an extend period of time, that is general effect.

But when Blue Devils does it, it is because they don't march and play?

• Like 3

Why is it when Madison stands in one formation and "wails" for an extend period of time, that is general effect.

But when Blue Devils does it, it is because they don't march and play?

If you are referring to the extended scatter drill at the end of ESOM, I don't

think many people thought that was good general effect. Yeah, the crowd went nuts, but

I think that was for the music. I personally (and a few alums I've talked to) felt

that there should have been much better drill written for that final minute or two of the show. Hopefully this upcoming season will be much improved visually for the Scouts!

• Like 4

If you are referring to the extended scatter drill at the end of ESOM, I don't

think many people thought that was good general effect. Yeah, the crowd went nuts, but

I think that was for the music. I personally (and a few alums I've talked to) felt

that there should have been much better drill written for that final minute or two of the show. Hopefully this upcoming season will be much improved visually for the Scouts!

Thanks for the response, Jeff!

• Like 1

No, this one wasn't really to create an over the top response to my comment. This one was pretty true. I think, as well as others,.......

No no no no no. Stop right there. Don't try to speak for others. You are on your own with this one. The aftermath of your smarmy little comment proves that quite well.

• Like 4

This is a MADISON thread. Most people that post in it, gasp, ARE MADISON FANS.

Which leads to the question - why do you feel the need to stir things up? Do you get off on pissing other people off? It really isn't necessary to be so consistently annoying.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2