"Ergosonic" angled shell basses

Jim Nevermann

I'm assuming the guy who "created" these was a fan of stingray drums.

• Like 1

I'm assuming the guy who "created" these was a fan of stingray drums.

I don't know.

You or anyone else here ever play Stingray? I'm told the snares & tenors were VERY heavy. Although how much heavier could Stingray tenors have been than most other manufactures today are? To me they're all absurdly heavy.

Edited by Jim Nevermann

it looks like it's frowning.

h-stingray-power-wedge-ssl-1.jpg

Stingray drum were made of thick fiberglass. They were heavy. If you ever get to carry one your jaw will drop. Imagine a set of tenors....ugh! Anyone remember the old Utra Lites? Thin fiberglass, very light but couldn't hold up to modern tensioning.

The Ergo Sonic people should post a youtube video. The should also post prices and the weights of the drum on the website. Those things just look heavy; I can't imagine what the weight of a 32" bass would feel like hangin on a drum harness like that. A bass drum close to the body is way lighter than oen hanging a few feet out in front.

• Like 1

Here is a picture of the Ergo Sonic Marching Bass Drum, very cool I can't wait to see them in action this winter indoor season.

They are going to have a booth at WGI championship in Dayton, so check them out at the booth.

I talk to Ken at Ergo Sonic and that the bass drummers that use them said that they feel lighter than normal bass drums, light drums good for the back.

Plus the bass line can crap walk like everyone else in the line. And play even harder notes, all good.

Everett_1Web.jpg

• Like 2

...can crap walk

A few newbie's problem during their first contest.

Um, did you read the testimonials page?

Navin Johnson

Graucho Marx

Carl Marx

Thomas Edison

Will Rogers

Sir Isaac Newton

Are you sure that this isn't a joke?

I talk to Ken at Ergo Sonic and that the bass drummers that use them said that they feel lighter than normal bass drums, light drums good for the back.

Plus the bass line can crap walk like everyone else in the line. And play even harder notes, all good.

With today's drill, bass lines are crabbing as much as snares and tenors, just at different times. To say basses can play harder notes, that is a subjective comment that I can hardly agree with. I might even argue that a full stroke on a tradition bass would be louder (more swing room) than one of these Ergo drums.

The real test would be how they sound and how heavy they are. Take a look at this video, the drum might be 18 or so? Imagine how far out a 28 or 32 would be from the body, the farther it is the heavier it feels.