Drum Corps History and 75 year old movies

so, been down with that same cold Jim and pissin' myself (while clearing my snotlocker) reading the repartee between you and Andy Roo. The music for The Three Musketeers comes from an operetta of the same name. So glad that Andy Roo set history straight with the main characters and confirmed Fran Haring as the 4th Musketeer, not D'Artagnon. Indeed he donned the red maternity blouse of the Cardinal Richlieu Musketeers. However, the other three sword swingers forced him to change into an Hawaiian maternity blouse and sequined pants.

We now return you to TCM.....be well you whoers (genuflecting at the thought of her diminutiveness Queen NanciD)

No drum corps, but a host of flashbacks....

Walked into the house early today... Flipped on the tv as I walked through the living room... Sat down in the next room to do a little work and instantly starting flashing back because I was listening to soundtrack(s) that practically every corps has played at one time or another.

The movie was "All the Brothers were Valiant," with the music by Miklos Rozsa, who also did "Ben Hur," "Quo Vadis," El Cid," Spellbound," and a ton of others. While in his movie scores they all sound the same, I can't imagine the number of corps who played his music.