Glassmen 2012

While I highly respect that G-Sop apologized I did not tell him to do so nor do I even know who he is. I do know that older members typically do encourage the newer ones to refrain from posting. My post to Paul was to someone I marched with and as such I thought he would recognize how many of his words were hurtful. I was not cranky over nothing, I was upset over feeling hurt by someone I considered family. I do not check these forums so the way I found out about this was from current marching members and staff. I was not intending to post as officially associated with the drum corps, but I thought the knowledge that his words caused anger and frustration among the current members would be enough for him to apologize.

Alright then, my apologies! Though a bit of advice: If you're really, truly offended or angered by something on this forum, the best thing to do is to 1) ignore it or 2) contact the poster privately and let them know how you feel. Posting to tell someone to shut up only ensures that more people will read the offending post(s).

well as far as I know it was constant knocking of procedures during tour, staff, other members, etc etc.. BUT Ive seen this before , not just this case.

Well that I certainly can understand (I was actually referring to the Glassmen member that apologized earlier in the thread). Yes, true bashing of the organization publicly while being a member of said organization isn't really a good idea (and should be common sense)...

Well that I certainly can understand (I was actually referring to the Glassmen member that apologized earlier in the thread). Yes, true bashing of the organization publicly while being a member of said organization isn't really a good idea (and should be common sense)...

Unfortunately common sense isn't learned by many till much later in life....sometimes not at all...lol

Interesting tidbit...the Bluecoats just announced their rep and are playing Fanfares: Epiphanies and Chorale, which the Glassmen played in 2010 (song after the ballad). Curious to see their take on the music. I thought it was a cool piece.

Interesting tidbit...the Bluecoats just announced their rep and are playing Fanfares: Epiphanies and Chorale, which the Glassmen played in 2010 (song after the ballad). Curious to see their take on the music. I thought it was a cool piece.

Fun to play indeed!

Also, sidebar: euphman89 (whom I know personally) wants nothing but the best for the Glassmen and indeed has shared some of the frustrations that some of the alumni, myself included, do feel. While I do not presume to think that he or I is speaking for the alumni generally, there is a segment that is indeed concerned about PR vis a vis show announcements and otherwise.

At the end of the day, I, at least, would like to know what's going instead of what happened my rookie year, in which our show was announced after the first performance of the season. Believe me, I understand how and why Brian likes to play it close to the vest. I would, however, like to emphasize that those of us in the G-Fam would indeed like to have a least a hint of what's happening instead of surmising what we can from a board or from FB.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by hornandsoccer
  • Like 2

\^/

Edited by G-Sop

Paul,

This post brought a tear to my eye. The bad kind. You want to release private information and talk negatively about the drum corps that you claim to love in a public forum, then I will release private information about you in the same place. Now, I know that we're gfam for life and when our paths cross again I will absolutely give you a hug for that, but: REALLY?! You. know. better. I know that you only marched one year, but that's no excuse. Even rookies know that we AS A FAMILY like to play things close to the chest. You gotta buy into that, man.

If you really want to assert your love and support for the Glassmen, then by all means donate some money to the gas fund or come volunteer at Spring Training. The people who put forth an effort to stay connected don't have to hear anything second hand and don't share it with the general public. You clearly have several suggestions for the drum corps... you think BH spends time searching these forums for helpful hints? I wouldn't think so-- give him a call! I'm sure he'd love to catch up with you. Posting about problems is just silly because instead of fixing them, if anything, it magnifies them. Maybe instead of being a part of the problem you could be a part of the solution. If you know someone who has a degree in public relations, can generate positive pr, and is willing to work for free I bet Brian would be more than willing to at least hear you out. Marching for one year gives a person minuscule insight into what it takes to run a drum corps and even people who have been on both sides of the field for decades will tell you they still learn new things all the time. Social media may be the latest craze but it is not what makes a drum corps successful.

As for the 50th being "a disappointment for most alumni" SHAME ON YOU. That drum corps was amazing-- a great group of professional performers and a powerfully emotional show that I don't think that any other alumni would come forward to claim it as a disappointment. I certainly disown that statement as an alum and within hours I believe I could easily conjure up 100 alums to agree with me.

So please please please make good on your promise to the Glassmen to "support them and the members in whatever way I can" by keeping your mouth shut on here except for positive encouragement. In general I have never been a fan of dcp forums (I mean, c'mon we joke all summer that "Those who can't march, teach and those who can't teach, judge--those who can't judge post on dcp") but if you must post on here please use it to build up and strengthen Glassmen's image not tear it down. Maybe next time before you hit 'add post' you'll think to yourself: What would BH post? (p.s. the answer is probably nothing; let the corps' actions on the field speak where an internet presence cannot). The absolute best place to move all future posts is to the Glassmen Family facebook group that is invitation-only and made up of exclusively former and current Glassmen family. Please remember that you will always have the privilege and responsibility of representing the Glassmen with every post you make online.

Man like you said , if you can't say something nice then don't say it at all ! :sad:

• Like 2

To those that are talking about my last post, I was under the impression I had leaked info where I shouldn't have. There was no one trying to tell me what to do once so ever, I would like all Alumni and members of this thread not to fight over what I said. But what I did was wrong and I should have let Brain take care of everything as he is the Corps Manager (or what ever the title is now). I will continue to post but I will not be crossing any further lines. To my staff, other members, and alumni, again I am truely sorry and there will never ever be another mistake like that one again.

You are free to do as you choose of course BUT knowing your staff and knowing things that have happened with one or two past members,...you sure posting....especially now or for a while is necessary?

People will say, why not, etc etc BUT thats not true we dont have the right to just say anything we want..well at least not with out consequence . People in all walks of life are finding this out the hard way.

Edited by GUARDLING

Glassmen officially announced the move to Jupiter bugles!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Edited by cromei

Glassmen officially announced the move to Jupiter bugles!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Very excited about this! I can do some reporting on sound and corps progress the next few weeks. I'll be up at the Glassbowl (if they're there) a week from tomorrow and will be volunteering June 9-15. REALLY excited to hear this show!