Steel City Ambassadors

Santana

The groups that perform at GAS must be members of GAS. The GAS Reunion is being held in Gettysburg this year. You got the wrong war, Andy.

Wrong war ... wrong President ... and I don't know the rules ... at least the GIANTS won!!!!!

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong war ... wrong President ... and I don't know the rules ... at least the GIANTS won!!!!!

:-)

The GIANTS have a Drum Corps'..?? Who knew.

Edited by Santana

Hey Mike,

Did you see the pictures on Steel Citys Facebook site... It surely looks like the drumcorps is having a super time getting back together again...Looking forward to the percussion ensemble on Sunday the 26th of February.....Great mix of veterans/newbees and a lot of fun/talented people.... Very impressed with the sound of the hornline, lot of experienced people all working to produce a super product....I'm gonna have some fun and enjoy the ride...

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Just to let everyone know, the Performance on feb.4 was a huge success! The videos are all up and you can watch them on Utube or the Steel City Facebook. There are also some audio files on the Steel City web page. The next rehearsal is Feb.26th at the Polish club. Please come out and join us for some music making and a hotdog! We could use a few more drummers and Contra players too!

Edited by Santana

Steel City Ambassadors Percussion/Brass Spectacular this Sunday February 26th @ Trafford Polish Club from 2-6 pm.... Weather is expected to be Spectacular, Percussion turn-out expected to be Spectacular, Fellowship and Esprit DeCorps expected to be Spectacular....Music/Ensemble expected to be Spectacular.... It seems like an overall Spectacular day for the Steel City Ambassadors.... Come and join in the fun...

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Edited by Santana

Getting ready for the St. Patty day parades has always been a fun time for me....Didn't like marching the parades in bad weather but you mostly have a great time...The anticipation on the drive to get to the parades, the get together after the parades, and all the hustle and bustle around the parades.... Usually the 1st outing after a couped-up winter was something to look forward to performing....Your right Mike, the percussion turnout for the initial rehearsal was super and the talent level was something to behold...I'm sure the drum line will continue to be productive and contribute to the growth of the drumcorps....Pretty soon they will be catching up to the baritone line for awesome section (thanks Mike)....Another rehearsal this weekend (March 4th) and then off to play Danny Boy for all the excited St Patty day parade goers...

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

• 3 weeks later...

Steel City Ambassadors Alumni drumcorps is starting to get "Fired Up" as one of our members stated.... Percussion section is growing and the talent level is increasing @ each rehearsal.... Brass continues to shine with a new musical selection added into the mix... Blue Bosa is coming along nicely and will only put some swing into the show.... New members every rehearsal in all sections with a renewed energy toward the drumcorps performance at the St Joes Classic in Greece, NY ... Management/staff have been offered a few more/new performance invitations and is cooperating within SDCA for growth within the circuit.... Looking forward to having some fun with a few (growing #'s) friends this season and performing for music loving drumcorps people everywhere.... I'm "Fired Up" just to be a part of this wonderful activity for such a long time....Enjoy the music....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G