DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Is there a reason that on the events from the 14th, some or all corps as listed twice, sometimes non-sequentially?

Either way, I'm pretty pleased with the scores so far actually, the Fortissimo Regiment in particular has done well for a new corps.

Yes. See my previous post in the thread about a glitch with the reporting system.

WOW what a way to start the season for Velocity! homeshow, first place, and starting on top in the season!! can't express how proud i am of them being able to take 1st out of 9 and 3 point 2nd place, as well as .9 over 2nd overall, AFTER TAKING A SEASON OFF!!! we've never started this well and am ecstatic for how they've done. the scores for last night are very confusing but 1st or 2nd it doesn't matter, theres a long road ahead and they have already outdone my expectations on day 1!

Great way to begin - we at FB!E were pleasantly surprised.

Yes. See my previous post in the thread about a glitch with the reporting system.

Glitch may occur again for Cumberland on the 16th (see last season's recaps).

After a day off, the DCPI corps get back on the road today.

Southern corps have two options for shows today. The first path, heading up to the Midwest, visits Charles Page HS in Sand Springs OK, just outside of Tulsa:

SandSpringsOKPageHS6000.jpg

The second route heads out west, with a stop in El Paso TX. Due to the large number of registered corps, the event will not be held at Andress HS as originally anticipated but rather at the Sun Bowl on the campus of UT-El Paso.

ElPasoTXSunBowlStadium50000.jpg

Midwest corps continue their trek through the snow and ice, traveling to southern Minnesota's Blakeslee Field in Mankato:

MankatoMNBlakesleeStadium6000-1.jpg

And out east, corps travel to western Maryland to visit Fort Hill HS's newly renovated stadium in Cumberland:

CumberlandMDFortHillHS5000.jpg

I've decided to hold off on late registration penalties for the first weekend of the season since there are still a few straggling directors who haven't gotten us their registration info yet (including one prominent member of the CLASS organization). Starting at tonight's events, however, corps will start being assessed a 0.25 point penalty for late registration (note- this does not apply to corps who have already registered. If you've received a score at at least one event so far this season, you're good).

Wow, those were some mean judges last night! Remind me to fire Len Goodman as our judging coordinator- that's the only thing that could explain some of those numbers from yesterday's events.

Today, corps try to rebound at three events.

The DC metro area is in for a treat as a whopping 20 corps come calling at Fairfax HS in Fairfax VA:

FairfaxVAFairfaxHS3000.jpg

Southern corps keep pushing north, competing at Northside HS in Fort Smith, AR:

FortSmithARNorthsideHS4000.jpg

The west coast swing continues tonight at Santa Fe HS in Santa Fe, NM

SantaFeNMSantaFeHS4000.jpg

What's up with the scores? seem to be a off across all divisions.

Without going into too much detail, because we're using scores from multiple seasons that had different starting dates, I've had to use more generated scores for several corps from a couple of those seasons. Scores might be a little up and down for a few more days but should stabilize in a week or so.

The Cumberland, MD recap is all sorts of borked. Seems to be including scores from previous seasons for Open and A. My Oregon Marauders weren't at Cumberland, but they somehow won the show with a 91.5?!

(This still part of the aforementioned glitch? For some reason I thought that was just regarding the double-posting on the 14th)

Edited by hostrauser