DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

If you check season 16 recaps, after finals had occured two new dates were were added - 1/14/12 & 1/16/12. Why? No clue, they were there months ago. Once I saw that 1/14 scores were booched I posted that 1/16 could also end up a bit funky.

Those were the only two dates that popped in after s16 finals, so I suspect we won't encounter it again. :tongue:

It appears that the Knights and Quiksilver made a VERY nice rebound at their respective shows last night! We'll see if anybody else can keep pace at today's two events.

Midwestern corps eschew the frozen wastelands of Minnesota for the frozen cornfields of Iowa. Dubuque's Dalzell Field once again hosts this event after there were complaints about a lack of parking at Dubuque University last season:

DubuqueIADalzellField3000.jpg

Meanwhile, western corps make their lone visit to Arizona. The large number of corps attending this event has lead to an venue upgrade, and the show will now be staged at Riggs Stadium at Mesa Community College. With all of the parking space around the stadium, this venue could seemingly host nearly every corps on tour.

MesaAZRiggsStadium4000.jpg

The Cumberland, MD recap is all sorts of borked. Seems to be including scores from previous seasons for Open and A. My Oregon Marauders weren't at Cumberland, but they somehow won the show with a 91.5?!

(This still part of the aforementioned glitch? For some reason I thought that was just regarding the double-posting on the 14th)

Not sure.

However, with some common sense and a cross-check the posted scores against the corps who actually registered for that event on the show lineup, it's not to hard to see who scored what.

Lions roar and Velocity soars, as both corps break 78 last night at their respective contests. Could we be seeing a corps break 80 before the end of the first full week of competition this season?

In the east, corps make a second swing through central Pennsylvania when they visit Chambersburg HS, a relative newcomer to DCI tour schedules but a popular stop nonetheless.

Chambersburg_PA_Chambersburg_HS_6000.jpg

In the Midwest, a combined slate of southern and midwest corps ventures to the St. Louis area, where they'll square off at the refurbished Fort Zumwalt South HS in St Peters.

St_Peters_MO_Ft_Zumwalt_South_HS_2500.jpg

Forward Dynamics has been on the road, traveling over the Rockies. We'll be back in competition on the west coast this weekend.

its amazing how well the corps is doing! I'm beyond proud of them. the members love it, the audience loves it more, and it looks like after taking a season off we might have a chance at spearing a championship!

The Knights had a doozy of a show last night in Chambersburg, becoming the first corps to break 80 this season and possibly the first time a corps has passed that mark this early in the season.

While corps in the midwest take a break to get ready for their big show in Columbia on Saturday, east coast corps try to catch up to Maine's Finest in Dietz Stadium in Kingston NY. A longtime venue for events, that stadium had been getting a bit run down over the last few years, but fortunately the city was able to spruce it up with a new turf surface.

Kingston_NY_Dietz_Stadium_3.jpg

Out west, the corps survived their trek through the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona and have finally come to sunny California. The first of many shows in this state takes place at Escondido HS near San Diego.

San_Diego_CA_Escondido_HS_4000.jpg

The DCPI site says today's show is in Oceanside, CA. Guess it got moved inland. :tongue: