DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Oostburg seems to have caught a bad downdraft, but the Crimson Lions still have things within reach of their claws!

velocity's staff and i were all jumping up and down in total excitement when we learned that not only had we won the erie show and took all captions BUT we were put in the number one spot! were working on our new ending and are very excited to be revealing it very soon, this has been truly the most phenomenal season ever for us!

Today's mega-event in Syracuse will be divided among 3 venues.

World Class corps will be indoors at the Carrier Dome. With more than 2/3ds of the WC corps in action under one roof today, this event could be a predictor for how finals week will play out:

SyracuseNYCarrierDome50000-1.jpg

Open class corps will compete at Cortland State University, about an hour away. Class A corps, meanwhile, will compete at Liverpool HS back in Syracuse.

CortlandNYSUNYCortlandStadium6000.jpg

SyracuseNYLiverpoolHS2500.jpg

Judging by last night's results from Syracuse, the last couple of show days before finals are going to be extremely interesting.

The Meadowlands will be a proving ground for numerous corps jostling for a spot in finals in all 3 divisions.

EastRutherfordNJMeadowlandsStadium80000.jpg

The Knights and Elite Brigade headline a CLASS/FANFARE matchup in Bridgeport CT.

BridgeportCTKennedyStadium10000.jpg

Today's events:

A bunch of corps will be shuffling off to Buffalo. Only Ralph Wilson Stadium can possibly fit them all in.

BuffaloNYRalphWilsonStadium80000.jpg

Corps not in a NY state of mind will be in competition at Cape Cod Regiment's home show at Foley Field in Worcester MA.

WorcestorMAFoleyField2500.jpg

Going off of last night's scores is just reinforcing my belief that the title this year is truly anybody's to win. It'll definitely make for an exciting last day of the regular season.

With finals just around the corner, two Canadian cities host the last regular events of the season. Ivor-Wynne Stadium in Hamilton ONT and Laval University Stadium in Quebec City QUE will give corps one last chance to tune up and clean before the big event gets underway.

HamiltonONTIvorWynneStadium25000.jpg

QuebecCityQuebecPEPSStadium12000.jpg

There will be a slight delay in getting scores up from yesterday. Look for them around 4 PM, AND look for both "live" score updates from today's World Class prelims (in batches) starting around that time and a preview of next season's schedule as well. :smile:

I've had something come up on Saturday that could make my plan to host a "live finale" unworkable- looks like the earliest I'd be able to do it is 9:30 PM CST. If that's still good with people, I'll do my best to do it.

And finally, today is the kickoff for Championship Competition. All of everybody's hard work and efforts come down to the next four days, when we will crown our World, Open and Class A champions, as well as award our sweepstakes awards.

World Class preliminary events will be held in "the spaceship" at Olympic Stadium. 32 corps will compete today, with the top 25 advancing to tomorrow's quarterfinals, the top 17 going to semifinals and the top 12 going to finals.

MontrealQUEOlympicStadium65000.jpg

Tomorrow, in addition to World Class quarterfinals competition, Open Class and Class A corps have their preliminary events. Open Class corps will compete at Molson Stadium, with the top 17 corps advancing to semifinals competition and the top 12 from that round going on to finals on Saturday.

MontrealQUEMolsonStadium20000-1.jpg

Due to unforseen construction taking place at Stade Saputo, the originally-scheduled Class A venue, Class A corps will have their preliminary rounds at Sherbrooke University Stadium. The top 12 placing corps will advance to semifinals, and the top 8 finishing corps from that round will advance to Saturday's finals.

SherbrookeQUESherbrookeUniversityStadium5000.jpg

Finals night is in the books! Congratulations to our new champions: Quiksilver, Mercury and Cross!

Thanks again to everybody for making this one of the best seasons of DCPI ever! See you all in June!

• Like 1