DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Fortissimo Regiment takes its first win in Salzburg! They put on a killer show!cool.gif

And thrown themselves right into the championship discussion in the process. I truly believe this could be just about anybody's year. :smile:

Just two events today as we get ready for the major competitions in Bloomington and Orlando Saturday.

In Terre Haute, crews are working feverishly to dig out Memorial Stadium from the snowfall that blanketed the midwest overnight.

TerreHauteINMemorialStadium10000.jpg

Fortunately for Valdostans, the weather is perfectly fine for tonight's event at Lowndes HS.

ValdostaGALowndesHS7000.jpg

And thrown themselves right into the championship discussion in the process. I truly believe this could be just about anybody's year. :smile:

I think I'm up to... eight? nine? Caption sets within 0.1 of the max value that I've found. Not only could this be anyone's year, it's entirely possible that a corps could finish 7th or 8th in Semis and then jump all the way to the title on Saturday night.

For at least one day, FB!E sits atop the heap with #1 spots in both World and Open classes! Woohoo! :thumbup:

A great way to start the day, hehe!

We had our first two corps surpass the 90-point threshold last night. With two very important shows today, how many competitors will join Polaris Regiment and Crimson Lions in that territory?

The Southern Star Cup, one of our signature events, takes place again at Brighthouse Stadium in Orlando FL.

OrlandoFLBrighthouseNetworkStadium45000.jpg

Polaris Regiment will contend with The Knights and the Stud Bolts, among other corps, as they try to repeat their high-scoring feat at Indiana University's Memorial Stadium in Bloomington IN.

BloomingtonINMemorialStadium60000.jpg

Finally, the European tour concludes today in Geneva Switzerland.

GenevaSwitzerlandStadeGeneve30000.jpg

The final caption point increase (150/115/85) has been implemented.

Unfortunately, there will be no I+E event this season as I don't have the time or resources to set it up. If somebody would like to take the time to get it organized in future seasons, they're welcome to do so.

Meanwhile, the hometown corps won in Orlando, the Knights were triumphant in Bloomington and Feenicks' storybook season continues as they sew up the European Championship. That was the final sweepstakes event of the regular season, and standings will be updated sometime tomorrow as we get ready for the last full week of the regular season.

wow velocity has been on fire this whole season, i have never seen this level of work being put in on a field first hand, as they have managed to be a contender for a championship all season including being ranked #1 so many times, words can not express how proud i am. our surprise will be added in very shortly and will be looking forward to seeing everyones response to it

Matt, the final point increase wasn't supposed to happen until next week.

But I got my caption sets in, so whatever. :cool:

Edited by hostrauser

Matt, the final point increase wasn't supposed to happen until next week.

But I got my caption sets in, so whatever. :cool:

Ummm ok. I wish we would follow the schedule as posted. The final changes were not until 3/3 otherwise I would not have made changes last week. Now I am locked out of changes until later this week...ugh.

Since I mistakenly added the final point increase prematurely, I've tweaked the caption entry system so that corps can do an additional set of 3 changes for this week only.

Today's events:

Fleur de Lis headlines a "cultural celebration festival" taking place at Windsor University Stadium.

WindsorONTUWindsorStadium2000-1.jpg

Nastalgia hosts their home event at LT Smith Stadium in Bowling Green KY.

BowlingGreenKYWKUStadium22000-1.jpg

RJ Reynolds HS in Winston-Salem NC hosts the final southern event of the season which features a matchup between Cross and Mysteria.

WinstonSalemNCReynoldsHS4000.jpg