DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Thoroughbreds are coming out guns a blazin' tonight at the show in their home state of KY tonight!

Good night for us. Cross back from Europe and Star of Hawaii in Winston-Salem had high scores.

Jupiter was in Kentucky. Crimson Lions and The Knights (I see they are back on form) topped 92.

All 3 corps are traveling north today, shows in Massillon, OH and Warrenton, VA on the leap night.

As the last week of the regular season gets into full swing, corps are stepping up their games more than ever.

A great showdown between 4 finalist contenders in Quiksilver, Velocity, Polaris Regiment and the Stud Bolts is on tap in Centerville OH tonight- but look for Cincinatti Light Brigade to try to pull a home-state upset.

CentervilleOHCentervilleHS8000.jpg

The Iron Knights try to follow up their win in Winston-Salem with another one in Chesapeake VA, but they'll face strong challenges from the Elite Brigade and Wysteria, among other corps. Due to the large number of corps attending this event, it will be held at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.

VirginiaBeachVAVirginiaBeachSportsplex10000.jpg

Fleur de Lis will face some stiff competition tonight as they march off against the Knights and Lake Ontario Regiment at TD Waterhouse Stadium in London, ONT.

LondonONTTDWaterhouseStadium6000.jpg

Scores are up from tonight's two events.

In Massillon OH, close scores were the name of the game as Jupiter edged out the Stud Bolts and Chicago Sound squeezed past Thoroughbreds.

MassillonOHPaulBrownTigerStadium16000.jpg

In Warrenton VA, fans at Liberty HS saw narrow victories by Black and Gold Regiment and Star of Hawaii.

WarrentonVALibertyHS3000.jpg

Happy March! The snow is melting (in most parts of the country), the weather's getting a little warmer and there are just 10 days left in the season, so corps will definitely be looking to make the most out of the few performances they have left.

Laurier University in Kitchener ONT hosts a good showdown between Fleur de Lis and The Knights.

KitchenerONTSeagramStadium6000.jpg

Stateside, a pair of Pennsylvania shows at Pittsburgh's Baldwin HS and Scranton's Dunmore HS feature good matchups in all 3 divisions.

PittsburghPABaldwinHS6000.jpg

ScrantonPADunmoreHS4500.jpg

Also want to say a thank you to Matt for updating the whole tour schedule once again this year with all the stadium pics.

Glad to share my addiction with everybody. And look for a special announcement concerning next season's schedule sometime during finals week :smile:

• Like 1

It's the last day of shows before corps head to 'Cuse. Here's what's in store today.

After posting the high score last night, Polaris Regiment will have a lot of competitors nipping at their heels at Vestal HS in Binghamton NY.

EndicottNYVestalHS4000.jpg

In Erie (possibly the exec director's all-time favorite drum corps venue), Velocity looks to jump back to the top of the scoring table while several other corps tussle for momentum with finals week approaching fast.

EriePAVeteransStadium10000.jpg

The "main event" of the evening takes place at BMO Field in Toronto, a soccer-specific (and now drum corps-specific) stadium recently constructed. Big head to head matchups between the StarOrg and KnightsOrg corps are the theme for the night, as

Star of Jupiter and The Knights, Star of Hawaii and Les Blanc Chevaliers and Cape Cod Regiment and Cross all face off.

TorontoONTBMOField20000.jpg

Polaris is right where I want them; here's hoping they can finish strong and push all the way through to a 1st place at Finals.

I'm glad to see Oregon still lurking in the Top 5. I took a risk with them and went with a caption set slightly below the max value I found, because the set I decided to use has one more semifinalist corps and one fewer quarterfinalist corps. Those break-points between QF/SF/F in DCI can be very tricky in DCP-I. Here's hoping it pays off!