Onyx 2012, SCV, Flanagan Braddock.. etc..

thedova

So I saw Diamante on the website that must not be named.. and It reminded me a lot of the Devils Sea, but the theme is "ritual".. All I saw was a bunch of their recycled tricks for the whole show... Was hoping to see something new or innovative from them.

Apparently Fantasia is doing a controversial show called "The Good German", it wasn't clear whether it has a Nazi history built in the show, all I know is that the show is all rifle, there are 6 females who are "Jews" and at they end they kill the jews??? Something along those lines..

Looking forward to seeing that one live to get a better understanding!

Fantasia is amazing! Just saw them tonight. Let me know if you want the details. The real crime was not when the Nazi firing squad killed 5 of 6 Jewish women, but when Arcadia performed. Wait 'til u see that. I guess cause I marched in Marquis it really offended me personally.

Details on Fantasia!!!!! & What was wrong with Arcadia?

Fantasia is all rifle and need to clean it up a bit. If you remember Unions holocaust show, this one is just as emotional. The guard actually picks up where fantasia left off the last time they were in Germany. Remember Marlene Dietrich standing at the end of the show when they won "a" class. Well she's standing there in the center of the floor. The guard is all portraying Nazis and there are a couple hiel Hitler salutes and goose stepping that gives you goose bumps. It just builds and builds with great equip and movement. The guard is dressed in all black with a red arm band. (i hope they don't get literal and put swastikas on them) Then all the sudden there are 7 Jewish ladies with white head scarf/shawls that stand out against the black Nazi uni's. They are abused by the Nazis and 1 disappears. Building to a climax the remaining six ladies are kneeling in front of the firing squad and in a ripple they are shot. (spoiler alert - don't read the next post)

The last soldier stares down the last lady kneeling in front of him sobbing. After 5 shots and 5 murders, the silence is deafening and seems to last forever as his conscious slowly takes him over and he is unable to execute her. He breaks down sobbing and walks away. The show ends with him removing his red arm band and the crowd jumping to their feet. ( Can I get a "remember" or a "never again" from the Union fans that saw them before they took out the shouting in their silent sections?) Regarding Arcadia I don't want to be a bitter old timer ( too late) and this is my opinion only but I think it is too similar to Marquis in 1994. Similar staging and concept. Big drapes in white ( not maroon), Steve Reich type music ( if not actually), enter from left cross to right, run across back sideline behind the curtains to come back out from the left again and again. The only difference is that Marquis had equipment technique (sorry) that was well, classic EMass. At least Trumble is doing a Marquis "tribute" with a splash of Erre. Big difference IMO between a tribute and what i saw tonight. If it was meant to be a tribute it isn't coming out that way. Hey, Marc Sylvester, what do you think? I can't remember if this was your idea or denise's or dale's back in '94...

Sorry, forgot to add that Fantasia set up too close to the front sideline and three Nazis nearly sat in my lap. Don't worry the T&P judge was sitting in a chair on the back sideline and probably didn't see. It was like Valhalla in 1983 when two people wanted to keep the form right and crossed over the back side in prelims thus getting 0.2 in deductions that put top hats in finals instead of them. Speaking of Valhalla, don't miss Ramona- riv #1. best guard tonight besides Fantasia.

i have to comment on flannagan..... strong, strong, strong guard! I thought about 2 minutes in 'wow, they move and perform like independent' - 2 more minutes in and i thought 'are they going to do anything but run and toss? they certainly can toss and toss well - that is obvious. someone count how many tosses they have.

i have to comment on flannagan..... strong, strong, strong guard! I thought about 2 minutes in 'wow, they move and perform like independent' - 2 more minutes in and i thought 'are they going to do anything but run and toss? they certainly can toss and toss well - that is obvious. someone count how many tosses they have.

alot!!!!

tossing at world class should include lots of variation and diversity and should include the use of the whole body.for some great examples see carmel h.s..