Onyx 2012, SCV, Flanagan Braddock.. etc..

thedova

Anyone see any of the shows at premier?? Does anyone have any reviews or anything for those who have to wait til the regionals???

I am curious to know if Onyx show has ensemble moments or if its like last years? They did get an 82.5 yesterday, so I assume its good!

I saw Pride of Cincinnati on Saturday. Very interesting program this year; the gym was a bit low so I think they will read better in a larger area. SOLID group...scary solid. They have a delightful flag feature this year, as well as lots of unique smaller segments happening. I cannot wait to see this again when it's all finished up. GO PRIDE!!!

Lexis (Ind A class): LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. If it doesn't make WGI finals in April there is something seriously wrong with our activity. They are loaded with personality, excellent technique, brilliant writing and staging... this show is sure to delight!

I have no news on SCV other than I saw they got a 78.5 (I think) at their opening contest.

I attended the FFCC (Florida Federation) Premier in Orlando on last Saturday. Saw the Scholastic A, Independent A, Sch Open, Ind Open, Sch World, and Ind World classes. As usual quite a few performed without uniforms and many performances were a bit sloppy. However, Orlando Visual in Ind World was just great. They did their show to "Its a Man's World", they had a huge guard, about 36 or so, about half male, half female. The guys wore white suits, the ladies had dark formal style dresses and they used a number of large mobil frames that they hung from and tossed equipment over all over the place. From where I sat it was all organized chaos, dancing, explosive equipment work and one of the loudest audience responses I've heard in years. They were fantastic. Timber Creek HS in Sch W was very good, appeared in dance clothes - a Michael James guard I think, at least it was his style. Paradigm was back on the floor, (in Ind Open) after a couple of years. They were pretty good. They used exercise balls that they balanced and jumped on. I'm afraid it didn't work for me. The performers were good, but balancing gave it a kind of sloppy look - I don't see how they can coordinate that. UCF Pegasus had their first show as well. They were entertaining. Lyman HS used a really big teeter totter to good effect and had the night's best uniforms I think. Dr Phillips HS had a huge mobil box they did their show around. Apopka HS was well prepared - they used big metal slides in their show. Nease HS, Cypress Creek HS, Durant HS, Oviedo HS, and Lake Howell HS rounded out Sch A. Sch Open Hagerty HS, Olympia HS and Freedom HS were all pretty good. It was a good opening night. I left before any scores were given out. Ought to be a good season.

• Like 1

I saw Pride of Cincinnati on Saturday. Very interesting program this year; the gym was a bit low so I think they will read better in a larger area. SOLID group...scary solid. They have a delightful flag feature this year, as well as lots of unique smaller segments happening. I cannot wait to see this again when it's all finished up. GO PRIDE!!!

Lexis (Ind A class): LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. If it doesn't make WGI finals in April there is something seriously wrong with our activity. They are loaded with personality, excellent technique, brilliant writing and staging... this show is sure to delight!

What was prides show about!??? I am excited too see them,.. and thanks for the heads up, love hearing about good Ind A class guards!

thedova -

Pride's show is called "Preaching to the Choir". They have some wooden "bench" type props all over the floor. I'm not exactly sure where the show will go, but it is very very good.

I saw a video of Beatrix on a site that shall not be named.....really cool show from them all done in mirror image from front to back. I also noticed that the Pride of the Netherlands was promoted to World Class after the first show. I wonder if they will also move up in WGI competition?

"wrong with the activity"??? Or with WGI, maybe?

2 different things.

• Like 1

2 different things.

good point! : )

2 different things.

or there simply could be 15 other groups that you've not seen yet that could be even better..... excited to see it all

• Like 2