New corps for 2012?

Besides VK returning to finals and Gold going for the first (out-of-state) time, there hasn't been much news lately about changes in Open Class. I heard a while ago that ECJ and Citations were trying to return, is that still happening? Are Platinum and Impulse going to finals this year? Are there any new corps starting up in DCI this year? We'd all love to hear it!

• Like 1

ECJ and Citations are not returning, as of yet. Impulse is not going to finals, in spite the fact that they announced it all over the place, and Platinum hasn't made a come back. I did "hear" that there may be 2 new corps brewing up in the Pacific Northwest area, would be nice to have for sure

• Like 1

Are Platinum and Impulse going to finals this year?

Well I can not speak for Impulse, but Platinum IS making plans to not only GO to finals this summer, but we are going there to compete in Open Class as well! Platinum is waiting until our DCI Evaluation, but we have EVERY intention of showing everyone in DCI what we can do! We will also be sharing some exciting announcements about the Corps on here soon too! So hang on, and watch us shine!

• Like 3

Are Platinum and Impulse going to finals this year?

Well I can not speak for Impulse, but Platinum IS making plans to not only GO to finals this summer, but we are going there to compete in Open Class as well! Platinum is waiting until our DCI Evaluation, but we have EVERY intention of showing everyone in DCI what we can do! We will also be sharing some exciting announcements about the Corps on here soon too! So hang on, and watch us shine!

NOW THAT'S GOOD TO HEAR GUYS........GOOD LUCK!!!

ECJ and Citations are not returning, as of yet. Impulse is not going to finals, in spite the fact that they announced it all over the place

To be a little more specific:

ECJ's status is as of yet officially unknown although they advertised a little for an open house in December and we haven't heard anything since. I just gave them a call and am waiting to hear back from them.

Citations ARE coming back although they were set back for the January camp due to low numbers of RSVPs due to scheduling conflicts with potential members.

From what I've heard, Impulse is still hammering out some of the tour details behind the scenes to make sure everything is perfect. I'm sure we'll see their name on the national tour roster soon.

Besides VK returning to finals and Gold going for the first (out-of-state) time, there hasn't been much news lately about changes in Open Class. I heard a while ago that ECJ and Citations were trying to return, is that still happening? Are Platinum and Impulse going to finals this year? Are there any new corps starting up in DCI this year? We'd all love to hear it!

There are 2 new corps that are starting up in the Pacific NW. Both are under evaluation.

"The Ascent" from Vancouver, WA - http://www.theascentdrumcorps.org/

"Northern Sound" from Marysville, WA - http://www.northern-sound.org/

There are 2 new corps that are starting up in the Pacific NW. Both are under evaluation.

"The Ascent" from Vancouver, WA - http://www.theascentdrumcorps.org/

"Northern Sound" from Marysville, WA - http://www.northern-sound.org/

Impressive. Looks like Cascades/NYMA are trying to build a little NW drum corps empire/circuit. I guess that's the way to get more shows in your area, build more corps.

Between Cascades, Crusaders, Thunder and these new 2 you could put on a good 5 corps show with NW corps only eventually if they make it.

Edited by WWonka

Citations ARE coming back although they were set back for the January camp due to low numbers of RSVPs due to scheduling conflicts with potential members.

Unfortunately, Citations announced today they will remain inactive.

http://www.citations.org/

It is with deep regret that the Citations are announcing that we are suspending our efforts to field a competitive Corps for the 2012 season. Our recruiting team undertook a titanic effort to recruit students for this season, and their efforts could not have been matched, their work effort, attention to detail and outside the box thinking lead to nearly 200 inquiries about the corps. Unfortunately, this level of interest proved to not be sustainable, and as the time for the January camp approached, it was evident to us that the members simply were not there to warrant us moving forward. Citations exist for the purpose of providing students the opportunity experience drum corps, and uphold our corps' values of honor, commitment, loyalty and excellence in everything we do. Keeping those values in mind, it was decided that we owed our students and staff the option of pursuing other options for the 2012 season, rather than to continue forward hoping for the best, even as we faced the worst. We do not know what the future for the Citations hold, and we will continue to explore options to see if there is an avenue for our return that makes sense. In the mean time, we extend a heartfelt thank you to the Drum Corps Community of New England and beyond. Your support was key in our efforts to bring the corps back. Best of luck this 2012 season, remember Citations are with you in spirit, and we hope to see you on a field down the road.

• 2 months later...