Bluecoats 2012

Some people just have no respect...

In 3 months, how secret a show was kept won't matter at all. Honestly, I thought it was a joke until people began to get upset about it. Oh well, it's not a big deal. This is an activity where you have to experience it, there are no spoilers.

• Like 7

In 3 months, how secret a show was kept won't matter at all. Honestly, I thought it was a joke until people began to get upset about it. Oh well, it's not a big deal. This is an activity where you have to experience it, there are no spoilers.

If there was no announcement yet then there was a reason why. Therefore, there shouldn't be any leaks.

• Like 2

Is Phantom of the Opera the whole show or just the opener?

Making uninformed assumptions is easy. So stop talking about stuff you don't understand and wait for an announcement... it's not that hard. If a corps doesn't want to announce the show yet, they probably have a reason. Show some respect.

• Like 6

While we should wait for the announcement out of respect, I think the only reason why they wait so long is because things can still change. They're probably still trying to get music licensing, and if they can't they may have to change it. Probably not gonna happen, but I think that's why they don't announce it. I don't think it really matters though even if they do change that, and I think The Cadets might agree with that.

• Like 1

While we should wait for the announcement out of respect, I think the only reason why they wait so long is because things can still change. They're probably still trying to get music licensing, and if they can't they may have to change it. Probably not gonna happen, but I think that's why they don't announce it. I don't think it really matters though even if they do change that, and I think The Cadets might agree with that.

I agree that folks who know something should honor the corps' request to let them manage the "how and when" of the show announcement.

OTOH I don't think anyone (including the corps) should really be surprised if at least some of the details eventually leak. No point in getting indignant about it.

• Like 4

That someone may know or heard a title of a piece the Bluecoats may be using certainly doesn't mean they now know or have "figured out" their show and how it will be presented. Especially with the Bluecoats!! who in my opinion meld concept and music that often transcends just the title of a piece they use as they try to bring a concept and a story together (I think of Creep and how the if you looked at the lyrics of the song it added to the whole concept of the show last year of the Horn line et al. finding themselves in a Brave New World inhabited by the Color Guard--"I don't belong here." are the main words from the song--and then by the end the same music Creep returns but in a major chord--they have integrated themselves into this new world --that's how i interpreted it at least) I feel the last few years The Bluecoats have been trying to find their place between presenting a narrative show :" the Fighter" and the concept show "IMagine, Metropolis" IMO last year's show came close to melding the two --story of the Musicians trying to find a place in the Brave New WOrld of the color guard-- So I believe just knowing a piece they are playing will certainly not reveal what they are up to. SO like others who said similar--I believe it is best to wait for the announcement, and even better wait for the show on a field--preferably more than once--it takes multiple viewings, thinking, hearing and watching to actually "get" a show and discover all the layers a show can have, which reflects a year or more's work on everyone's behalf. So i agree show some respect and wait--

• Like 2

As long as there's another "Boxer/Creep" moment, I'll be happy!

• Like 1

If there was no announcement yet then there was a reason why. Therefore, there shouldn't be any leaks.

But since things have been leaking... I do think the cadets 2001 version of the other song they chose can be improved upon so glad they also made that selection. But the working title "aMuse in Me" is intriguing, need the official announcement to make any sense of it. Laughter is art of the individual? Not sure... . Also heard some Adel from a camp video (I won't say the song). But expecting the Bluecoats to be "rolling in the deep" this year with all this stuff!!! :D

• Like 5