The Edge - Today's the day

Aye-yi-yi....

Someone please remind never to post my thoughts on here ever again.

Thanks in advance!

Donny :doh:

You were right on. I know I said earlier it was a fair try by DB amnd sincere. The trick is to figure out venues, just local ones and build a fan base not familiar with the activity, and use the net to help with it. If they can do that, they have a chance.

I read where The Statesmen are going to do some gigs at Darien Lake- that's the kind of thing to do just that. It's perfect.

• Like 3

My apologies for beating a dead horse, but it looks like there is another group that had similar issues with the show.

Mike

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/americas_got_talent_7/2012_Jun_11_rigged

In an exceptionall well-written Livejournal post published in early April, the leader of a troupe of circus artists and aerialists writes about their experience auditioning for a show she calls “America’s Got Lawsuits (If You Reveal The Outcome Before The Episode Airs).” It’s written without ever identifying the NBC reality series by name, but the details (“shock jock” judge) make it obvious.
When they finally performed for the judges and studio audience, they were booed off the stage—odd, for a group that was so heavily recruited and is so well-established. She points out first that “the contract says ‘Producers of America’s Got Lawsuits reserve the right to determine the winner by any means they choose,’” and the really damning accusation comes toward the end of the post, which you should read in its entirety, if only because it’s an engagingly told story:
“Later, my mother reclaims her cellphone from the audience security point and tells me that the audience was coached, their cue to boo was the crewman with the white sign in front of stage right. We learn that the audience was seeded with plants, paid to be there, knowing who wins, the locals who lined up for tickets instructed, ‘If someone next to you jumps up or makes an X, you do it, too!’ Knowing that the contest and the voting and the judging is rigged, I don’t know why it surprises me so much that the audience is rigged, too.”

Again, apologies for restarting the thread, but I thought it might shed some light on how things go for these shows...

Mike

My apologies for beating a dead horse, but it looks like there is another group that had similar issues with the show.

Mike

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/americas_got_talent_7/2012_Jun_11_rigged

Again, apologies for restarting the thread, but I thought it might shed some light on how things go for these shows...

Mike

*Gasp* You mean the main purpose of this show is to create ratings and $$$$$$. Geez thought these shows were created so people with talent could get a chance. :devil:

Not beating on you Mike, I don't watch reality shows because of the fake drama. What killed it was my dad talking about the storage shed shows (I used to like) where the 100 year old ammo always works when testing on the gun range (yeah right). And with all the fake worry about "hope this doesn't blow up" no one bothers with hand and arm protection.

Last night kept seeing the "Think You Can Dance" ads where the last bit was a heavy set guy with the line "you wouldn't believe your eyes" (or sumthin' like that). So come on is to see a surprise that this guy can move ot he keels over. Hell just wanted to see a repeat of Bart and Homer.... At this point nothing on these shows can surprise me... famous last words...

Edited by JimF-LowBari