The Edge - Today's the day

but to the Howard bashers, while he may not be your cup of tea, you need to know some things:

many folks in the movie and music industries have come to realize, if you want your product to sell, he's an interview you want your people to do. His fans listen. With his Sirius XM deal, people can now hear replays of the show all day,and then on the weekends too. When he was on Terrestrial radio, you had one shot M-F, 6-1030AM.

His fans follow his reccomendations. hell, I never would have watched AGT without him. Yes, he has his trash moments, but he's also a skilled interviewer. There's more to him than just sex.

I have to back up your statement. I'm not a regular listener because there are just parts of his show that don't interest me, but his celebrity interviews are absolutely the best in the business. No one else gets the kind of information like he does. The same goes for pop culture in general. 9 times out of 10, Howard has his finger on directly on the pulse of that genre.

I'd say only about 20% of his daily show is perverse. Other than that, it's actually pretty decent.

Back on topic- I was really routing for The Edge to at least make it through the 1st cut. It amazes me how much instrumental music has fallen out of favor in today's culture. If nothing else, I was really hoping someone could show Nick Cannon what a real drumline was all about!

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 2

no disrespect to the Edge...I rooted for them...but to the Howard bashers, while he may not be your cup of tea, you need to know some things:

many folks in the movie and music industries have come to realize, if you want your product to sell, he's an interview you want your people to do. His fans listen. With his Sirius XM deal, people can now hear replays of the show all day,and then on the weekends too. When he was on Terrestrial radio, you had one shot M-F, 6-1030AM.

His fans follow his reccomendations. hell, I never would have watched AGT without him. Yes, he has his trash moments, but he's also a skilled interviewer. There's more to him than just sex.

But mis place your blame all you want. The bottom line is the Edge was set up by the producers before they ever hit the stage. I feel bad for them, but give them all the props in the world for taking a shot in the crazy world that is reality tv, where drama and trash sell more than anything

AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU...but not sure if they were " set up " although if there was a doubt if they were entertaining or not, looked great or not etc etc maybe the producers did send a message to the audiance..who knows.

AS FAR AS Howard, Funny thing is he has made no bones about who he is, his talent , even the size of his.........lol and to fight and survive what he has and to stick to what he thinks NO MATTER WHAT.. gotta give him credit....Seems like the general public is liking the job he's doing so far.

• Like 1

You all do realize that AGT is a modern-day Gong Show, right? Here's a clip of essentially what the show is about: Simply Sergio

The bottom line is that Howard, Howie and Sharon do know what they are doing, and they do it in a fun way. They, along with the audience, will see through any set-up by the producers (if this was indeed the case). So go out and entertain. If you are entertaining, you'll do great. If you suck, you deserve whatever you get.

• Like 2

You all do realize that AGT is a modern-day Gong Show, right? Here's a clip of essentially what the show is about: Simply Sergio

The bottom line is that Howard, Howie and Sharon do know what they are doing, and they do it in a fun way. They, along with the audience, will see through any set-up by the producers (if this was indeed the case). So go out and entertain. If you are entertaining, you'll do great. If you suck, you deserve whatever you get.

AMEN! :worthy:

• Like 2

yep yep :smile:

• Like 1

oops we all 3 got BADDDDDD red marks :blink: Guess noone remembers the debates on the group not to long ago.....As I said Kudos to them for trying BUT..ahh forget it its been said..lol.... Now realistically ( I know why deal with reality ) If you go on a show like this UNLESS you are a SLAM DUNK you know you run the risk of what happens to thousands. IF you didnt get that going into it then OH WELL? ( I would think members of this group fully understood this was a big possibility )

It may suck but it is EXACTLY what it is.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

:withstupid:

Well they didn't give us a chance at all. It felt like the Jerry Springer show really. We were set up to be the bad act they love to humiliate for ratings. The producers of the show actually prepped the audience on how to “boo” just prior to the Edge taking the stage. In addition, the “boos” were piped through the sound systems facing the audience to initiate them to slam the group.

Y'know....I hate that. It's supposed to be "America's Got Talent"....not "America's Got Bull####"

Has anyone posted video of this travesty yet?

• Like 3

Y'know....I hate that. It's supposed to be "America's Got Talent"....not "America's Got Bull####"

Has anyone posted video of this travesty yet?

hasn't even been broadcast yet as far as i know - I think we are hearing the outcome but don't know how it will be edited for TV, if at all.

???

hasn't even been broadcast yet as far as i know - I think we are hearing the outcome but don't know how it will be edited for TV, if at all.

???

I'm basing it off Dave Bruni's commentary....which I'll trust over TV editing any day.

• Like 3