partial list of DCI Casualties

Add one;

Royal Grenadiers – Kankakee IL

I taught them briefly…… which probably added to their demise.

haha... 'luv the self deprecating humor there, dc oldtimer.

The others were " when in a rumble with St. Lucy's, you must remember to keep your arms and hands up and close to the face, and not down low "..... " move the head left and right, and keep the feet moving from left to right and by all means keep a good balance, and watch from behind any possible oncomers to the fray "..... " stay together. There is strength in numbers ".

Heh, Never really faced off with those First Ward Newark Guys...........almost sounds like you marched with Boston and were in Bridgeport, Conn in '68.............that was quite row!

Add one;

Royal Grenadiers – Kankakee IL

I taught them briefly…… which probably added to their demise.

I found your comment very funny :D lol thanks for the chuckle :)

Scarborourgh Firefighters changed their name to Scarborough Princemen early 1972 and by August they became Seneca Princemen. We moved rehearsals to North York and left our beloved feeder corps The Sparkies in Scarborough. By 1973, they were under new management and poof! Scarborough Knights appeared. I moved to K-W September 74 to attend University, worked with K-W Flying Dutchmen, Guelph Opti-Knights and Ventures winter guard. Moved back to T.O. May 75 and poof! Oakland Crusaders appeared. Moved to K-W again in September 75, worked with Dutch Boy Cadets, moved back to Toronto May 76 and poof! Seneca Optimists appeared. Toured with Dutch Boy Cadets and Oakland Crusaders summer of 76 and by September poof! K-W Northstars appeared. I disappeared, moved west September 76, worked with Alberta All Girls A and B. By 78 poof! no more A and B; one corps. Moral of the story is never leave your corps unattended for any length of time or else the magic merger man will appear … and where’s Ventures today? They’re a winter guard! Get It Guard! :bigsmile:

Linda, did they change the name to eneca at their homeshow at the college? I think we were at that show because I remember the drum line (timps) playing Smoke On The Water to bring the corps on to the field.

Linda, did they change the name to eneca at their homeshow at the college? I think we were at that show because I remember the drum line (timps) playing Smoke On The Water to bring the corps on to the field.

1972 contest flyer that listed our new name (a mid-season name change may have bewildered the judges; lol). The contest was sponsored by our former feeder corps also with a new name. Birchmount was in Scarborough, Seneca College was in North York. The boroughs are now called GTA. Hope this helps Keith :smile:

scan0017-30.jpg

I know we were at a show sponsored by Seneca Princemen and I thought it was '72, could it have been 1973? Hmmmm

1972 contest flyer that listed our new name (a mid-season name change may have bewildered the judges; lol). The contest was sponsored by our former feeder corps also with a new name. Birchmount was in Scarborough, Seneca College was in North York. The boroughs are now called GTA. Hope this helps Keith :smile:

scan0017-30.jpg

I know we were at a show sponsored by Seneca Princemen and I thought it was '72, could it have been 1973? Hmmmm

Here ya go Keith; our 73 and 74 schedules. Never made it to Ithica tho, shucks. I'm gonna have to have you figure it out by yous self 'cause I'm looking fur stuff for Guelph Opti-Knights. We'd be a way off topic here now, don't ya think?

70s-schedule-50.jpg

:wink:

Edited by lindap