partial list of DCI Casualties

" The Past is a foreign Country. They do things differently there."

Leslie Poles Hartley

" It is a simple but sometimes forgotten truth that the greatest enemy to present joy and high hopes is the cultivation of retrospective bitterness. "

Robert Menzies

" The Past is a foreign Country. They do things differently there."

Leslie Poles Hartley

" It is a simple but sometimes forgotten truth that the greatest enemy to present joy and high hopes is the cultivation of retrospective bitterness. "

Robert Menzies

"Study the past if you would divine the future." – Confucius

"One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present." – Golda Meir

"We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future." – Fredrick Douglas

Alot of these corps have never even been to a DCI sanctioned show especially the Senior corps

illegal use of logic and facts. 10 yards, loss of down

I want to know why he took up so much drive space on DCP's servers by posting something he could have simply linked to in order to make his (invalid) point.

(Admittedly not as funny as Boo's post.)

how hasnt he been banned yet?

• Like 1

I want to know why he took up so much drive space on DCP's servers by posting something he could have simply linked to in order to make his (invalid) point.

(Admittedly not as funny as Boo's post.)

I agree with you that a little link would do http://drumcorpswiki.com/Main_Page Heffalumps and Woozles! Jabberwocky! Banana peels! words i use in lieu of expletives.

The title of this thread is depressing in choice of words and the OP is unclear. I'd would like to contribute to an activity I find dear. Hope I made my words seem clear.

"The Past is a foreign Country. They do things differently there."

-Leslie Poles Hartley

"It is a simple but sometimes forgotten truth that the greatest enemy to present joy and high hopes is the cultivation of retrospective bitterness."

-Robert Menzies

"Study the past if you would divine the future."

– Confucius

"One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present."

–Golda Meir

"We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future."

–Fredrick Douglas

"History is bunk."

-Henry Ford

"The past isn't dead. It's not even past."

-William Faulkner

"History is bunk."

-Henry Ford

"The past isn't dead. It's not even past."

-William Faulkner

Okay, I'll play.

"The past is gone. The future isn't here yet. Only the present is continuous."

-Gertrude Stein

how hasnt he been banned yet?

What would you think if we turned each of his open threads (which are far fewer than his closed threads) into joke telling time?

I'll start: "A Farewell to Arms" is Ernest Hemingway's novel about an American soldier in Italy during World War I. He falls in love with a nurse in the hospital, decides to go AWOL, and rows all night with her in a boat from Italy to Switzerland to evade the authorities. His girl friend was sitting in the stern of the boat, and he was rowing in the middle. At one point he said, "Cath, I love you." She said, "Pardon?" He said, "I said I love you." She still didn't hear him, so he removed an oar from the lock, moved up to the stern, resumed steering the boat from that position, and said again, "I love you." She said, "I love you too, but why are you standing there sculling when you can do so much better rowing where you were?" He said, "You are undoubtedly right: I just sculled to say I love you."

Or, if you like waffles...

Edited by Michael Boo

{long rambling list}

Corps from that list that could actually play in tune:

* 27th Lancers, Revere, Massachusetts

* Anaheim Kingsmen, Anaheim, California

* Bayonne Bridgemen, Bayonne, New Jersey

* Magic of Orlando, Orlando, Florida

* Marauders, Longview/Kelso, Washington

* Sky Ryders, Hutchinson, Kansas

* Star of Indiana, Bloomington, Indiana

* Suncoast Sound, Tampa Bay, Florida

* Velvet Knights, Anaheim/Buena Park/Santa Ana, California

Since the demise of those corps above... other corps have been created of have stepped up to actually be able to play on the same level.

Regardless of the number of active corps, there has never been the number of high-quality corps that there is now.

Quality > Quantity

Edited by danielray