More Realistic List

Stu

Really? The cost to operate Forte and Music City which stay regional then trek to finals is that similar to the cost of operating the Cadets or Regiment who go coast to coast to coast? Really?

We talking about cost of the corps to operate or out of pocket cost to member?

And even if the cost to a member is less (or lot less)for a non-top corps it still may not be worth it to a person to join.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not cost of the corps to operate but out of pocket cost to member.

Therein lies the problem; if the out-of-pocket cost to the member is at or near the same very high level whether it is a WC ring winner or a mid to lower corps, and not proportional to the operational cost differentials, it is no wonder that many youth would want to march with just a ring-winning corps or none at all.

Therein lies the problem; if the out-of-pocket cost to the member is at or near the same very high level whether it is a WC ring winner or a mid to lower corps, and not proportional to the operational cost differentials, it is no wonder that many youth would want to march with just a ring-winning corps or none at all.

Sounds like a new thread topic...

Was going to add :devil: but actually is a serious topic.... My orignal threads are dated by now but also wondering how much of a members costs are for dues and the rest are for travel, fees (audition, etc) and etc, etc.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

> you actually want to compare those 2 to the others?

Yes; and not just those two corps but compare all corps from the Cadets through the OC finalists; because when all cost to the performer is totaled (dues, transportation to/from camps, etc) that cost to the performer differential is not anywhere proportionate to the touring cost and competitive placement differential of the various corps.

dues for any member in any corps doesnt even cover most of the items you mentioned..then add rehearsal facilitities, instruction, food..hell you couldnt get me to baby sit someones kid 24/7 for 2 1/2 months for 3 grand.....ever have a kid in a competitive dance company? cost is just as high if not more theses days.

Sounds like a new thread topic...

Was going to add :devil: but actually is a serious topic.... My orignal threads are dated by now but also wondering how much of a members costs are for dues and the rest are for travel, fees (audition, etc) and etc, etc.

members dues anywhere dont come close to covering all the expenses. food ,transportation, a place to sleep ( schools arent free ) rehearsal facilities, instruction, uniforms, equipment, etc etc.....although we are an expensive activity 3 grand seems cheap for all that and for 3 months out of the year.

the Marcel Cunningham Cadets? Jose Limon Steppers? the Isadora Duncanettes? :-)

realistically wondering if I can get competitive cheerleaders to spin guard equipment lol ... found another list http://www.dci.org/reunion/ select the Honor Roll tab and scroll ;)

ps it`s hard for me to spell honor without a u ... i spelled as it is :)

• 2 weeks later...

The corps that didn't survive didn't survive for a variety of reasons. I think administrations who felt taking out mortgages on their homes was good business practice are more to blame than DCI's touring model. There were a lot of well-meaning idiotic corps out there BITD. Those who survive today do so because they are managed (or recovered) in a smart, sustainable fashion.

• Like 2