Accent Marching Academy

Perhaps, but the same FAQ page instructs that all participants must stay in the official housing site in same gender rooms, four to a room. It's not cheap to find hotels that have rooms with four beds.

PS: It also says the parking is free.

Yes, the parking is free! Thank goodness! To the above, that is, of course, assuming they're getting hotels with four beds... I mean, if it's a real drum corps experience they should have the beds removed and make people sleep on the floor!

• Like 1

Yes, the parking is free! Thank goodness! To the above, that is, of course, assuming they're getting hotels with four beds... I mean, if it's a real drum corps experience they should have the beds removed and make people sleep on the floor!

Indeed. Even better would be to have everyone sleep on the same gym floor and have the hot water turned off in the locker rooms.

free%20parking.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294773691524

• Like 1

uh oh...

this probably means if you see anyone's name that you recognize on the "clinician" list, you should tell them.

So they know where they should be that day?

On the Accent website Chris writes: "... our approach is to always be honest and forthright. We understand that positive experiences are not built from broken vows. In short, we foster honor, leadership ability, mutual respect, openness, integrity, quality, and fun." Question: Is there any way we can hold him accountable to those words, especially since he failed to live up to those standards with Eclipse?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 5

Thanks for posting this, apparently I missed some good stuff a few years ago.

You're welcome. If you miss a day of DCP, you miss a lifetime of opportunities and entertainment. :tongue:

• Like 1

Perhaps, but the same FAQ page instructs that all participants must stay in the official housing site in same gender rooms, four to a room. It's not cheap to find hotels that have rooms with four beds.

PS: It also says the parking is free.

Mapquest lists the Tampa hotel as being just over 19 miles and 27 minutes from the event location.

A student from Seminole HS, which has quite an excellent marching band program, would find that the event is about 7 miles from their school, while the lodging is 23 miles from the school.

Out of curiosity, I called the event site in Largo and this event is indeed booked into the facility.

Edited by Michael Boo

I also notice that the cost is not only a $400 fee and mandatory $10 warmup packet, but also a $14.35 transaction fee.

So, $424.35.

At those prices they should be able to hire first rate instructors like Howdy. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Geez, I had forgotten all that "Eclipse" business. If the same names are connected with this new outfit, than I cannot believe that any good will come of it.

BTW: Did Howdy ever get a legitimate doctoral degree? Last I read his "Doctoral" degree was from a non-accredited school. Or did “Elmer’s Skool of Divinity and Diesel Mechanics” get accredited?

• Like 1