Accent Marching Academy

Mapquest lists the Tampa hotel as being just over 19 miles and 27 minutes from the event location.

A student from Seminole HS, which has quite an excellent marching band program, would find that the event is about 7 miles from their school, while the lodging is 23 miles from the school.

Out of curiosity, I called the event site in Largo and this event is indeed booked into the facility.

For this past weekend's Atlanta camp, the hotel and event location are 24 miles and 32 minutes apart. There are many dozens of hotels that would have been much closer to the event location.

Oh, and I know of one person who was on the list of clinicians that wasn't there on Sunday at least. Would love to hear if they really had anyone show up for such an exorbitantly expensive weekend.

To me this is not a joke. I have a really, really bad feeling this is going to turn out to be a larger calamity than Eclipse; especially if unknowing parents begin to shell out $400! He has purchased equipment as seen from their Facebook Page, and either has financial backing from someone like a parent or placed himself into massive debt. Nevertheless, this kid is apparently not receiving very wise counsel from an adult at all. If this somehow does turn out to benefit youth, which I do not believe it will, then no harm no foul; but if it goes the way I am afraid it will go some innocent people are really going to get hurt this time around.

Edited by Stu

Seems like he's done everything he needs to do for this to succeed. He has a flashy website, a facebook page, twitter account, expensive electronic equipment, stands, an enormous staff (some of whom may have already been notified that they are a part of this), and carefully crafted anti-scooter and anti-Swiss army knife policies.

I see no reason why this won't work out.

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 9

Seems like he's done everything he needs to do for this to succeed. He has a flashy website, a facebook page, twitter account, expensive electronic equipment, stands, an enormous staff (some of whom may have already been notified that they are a part of this), and carefully crafted anti-scooter and anti-Swiss army knife policies.

This posting by Rif shows that there is an upside to sarcasm!!!

Edited by Stu

Don't forget about that flashy new truck they have. That will be the cornerstone of their transport operations

• Like 1

Don't forget about the free parking. We must not ever underestimate the incredible awesomeness of free parking.

PS: Otherwise, who will think of the children?

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2