Fan Network, 2012 edition

east.coast.

I preferred Emanon last season.. This season, their show makes no sense to me, it seem like they are going for an Onyx type of show... I also wish pride was utilizing a floor.. I am not such a big fan of guards not using floors!

• Like 1

I love that Pride of Cincinnati doesn't use a floor - people did it for years. Plus it saves tons of money!

Very surprised to see Centerville and Center Grove not doing too well at this point.. hopefully things will adjust and move upwards for them come April (although Centerville is not going to WGI championships).

I preferred Emanon last season.. This season, their show makes no sense to me, it seem like they are going for an Onyx type of show... I also wish pride was utilizing a floor.. I am not such a big fan of guards not using floors!

actually, Pride does use a floor..... it just happens to be beige, lol. I suppose by World Championships, however, they will not be using it (just like 2010). they really have no need for a floor. all contest venues now cover the basketball floor which was the main reason guards started using floor coverings many years ago. many use floor designs (floor art) to create staging areas or to help tell their story. Pride does a beautiful job of creating staging areas with out a floor design. they don't need floor art because they ARE the art. I agree sometimes the floor design can really enhance a group's show but in Pride's case I think less is more. the show is absolutely stunning. 'Preaching to the Choir' is my favorite Pride production ever.

OK - so I had time to watch a handful of the guards on the Fan Network.

I've gotta say, I'm kind of disappointed so far. I know that's harder to really grasp a show on an Internet screen, but the music choices and shows just aren't doing it for me. There seems to be some excitement missing. It's one very serious show after the next.

I'm hoping I feel differently once I see it live.

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

JAK,not sure what's up at grove perhaps the concept/vehicle is the issue as the performers at grove are good however at this time the show seems to lack clarity and suffers from poor staging.i understand the talented wes cartwright has come in for extensive rewrites hopefully the necesary changes can be made...and soon.

i realy enjoyed SCV...ALOT!

great performance qualities by the guard and especially their wonderful actor/storyteller wayne harris!

Edited by dugg

I watched Center Grove.....seeing the score I was expecting them to be a total mess. The kids are very talented, and the show is clean enough for this point in the season. Staging seems to be the issue. Hopefully by bringing in Wes Cartwright they can fix the issues. Remember that at this point they only need to be higher than 3 other guards to make it into finals.

• Like 1

I watched Center Grove.....seeing the score I was expecting them to be a total mess. The kids are very talented, and the show is clean enough for this point in the season. Staging seems to be the issue. Hopefully by bringing in Wes Cartwright they can fix the issues. Remember that at this point they only need to be higher than 3 other guards to make it into finals.

I read the review and it said they have someone dressed up as the big bad wolf??? really? I've not seen it yet so I'm not going to pass total judgement yet but I have to say that does seem a little too literal for this class of guard. I hope they fix whatever it is - CGCG cannot be scoring a 60!!!! that is unexceptable! Best of luck CGCG - I need to see you in finals!! xoxo

ok - just signed up and watched CGCG - completely agree.... the guard is strong and although it's hard to see on video technique, etc. but the staging is baaaaaaad. and i don't mind the boy as the big bad wolf.... i get it. (still may be too literal)

Edited by joey joe joe jr
  • Like 2

Does anyone know why Medea (IA) didn't perform in finals at the Orlando regional? No recap numbers, no video.. finished 2nd in prelims.