Crossmen 2012 Updates

What's over hype?

Well, since this thread is only 2 pages long, I'd say the over hype is in the other corps threads that are like 23 pages long.

Edited by xbones7480

What's over hype?

Not this? rolleyes.gifph34r.gif

• Like 1

I don't think there is such a thing as over-hype in the offseason. Any news, biased though it might be, is good news during the November-April timeframe.

That's my two cents

ya know...if you're a corps trying to fight your wayup the ranks...over hype can be good if you deliver.

the key is delivering. We've seen some corps succeed,and some corps fail.

Jeff

How often does that happen? The question is still not answered.

I hope everyone exceeds their expectations and what I agree with, if I may paraphrase, is talk is cheap.

We may be going to the barrel again. How about plastic cups? Perhaps some ice?

K

• Like 1

All the corps did is put a video up about March camp. I don't see any hype here, just a "what's been going on" in Texas thing. Since Cadets have been plastering videos up since September, I don't think one video from Crossmen is "Over Hype." Informational maybe, but not overhype.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Jeff

How often does that happen? The question is still not answered.

I hope everyone exceeds their expectations and what I agree with, if I may paraphrase, is talk is cheap.

We may be going to the barrel again. How about plastic cups? Perhaps some ice?

K

agreed talk is cheap....that's why more and more corps stay silent.

this is no indictment on Crossmen BTW. they haven't hyped. just let some info out

I wish them well. Been following them for decades.

My joke was that over hype is like "most unique". There is no such thing. Unique means one of a kind. You cannot be more or less. You are the only one.

By the same token you can't over hype. You either hype or not, but the word has several definitions and I don't see where some of our posters understand this - e.g it can mean excited or exaggerated. Completely different meanings. Not railing at you, just using your post to express myself.

I agree that one promotional video likely doesn't amount to exaggeration unless they're trying to mislead, and I doubt this is the case. However, being a current Texas resident, I'm disappointed Bones is not flooded with applicants. UT and A&M marching bands combined, e.g. are probably putting 400 players on the field and both are within easy driving distance (Okay, we'll subtract the wind/reed players who don't want to play brass.)

• Like 1