Crossmen 2012 Updates

I wish them well. Been following them for decades.

My joke was that over hype is like "most unique". There is no such thing. Unique means one of a kind. You cannot be more or less. You are the only one.

By the same token you can't over hype. You either hype or not, but the word has several definitions and I don't see where some of our posters understand this - e.g it can mean excited or exaggerated. Completely different meanings. Not railing at you, just using your post to express myself.

I agree that one promotional video likely doesn't amount to exaggeration unless they're trying to mislead, and I doubt this is the case. However, being a current Texas resident, I'm disappointed Bones is not flooded with applicants. UT and A&M marching bands combined, e.g. are probably putting 400 players on the field and both are within easy driving distance (Okay, we'll subtract the wind/reed players who don't want to play brass.)

They have better turnout at audition camps than corps in the top 12. Especially the one corps back east where they came from. Bones is doing pretty well in Texas. Don't forget that the Crossmen aren't the only world class corps that holds camps in Texas. Texas is pretty much a second home for the Cavaliers, and I know Bluecoats, SCV, Phantom to name a few have all held auditions and camps in Texas at some point.

And just because they posted a video, giving an update, since they have been quiet all off season doesn't amount to hype, let alone overhype.

• Like 1

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

They have better turnout at audition camps than corps in the top 12. Especially the one corps back east where they came from. Bones is doing pretty well in Texas. Don't forget that the Crossmen aren't the only world class corps that holds camps in Texas. Texas is pretty much a second home for the Cavaliers, and I know Bluecoats, SCV, Phantom to name a few have all held auditions and camps in Texas at some point.

And just because they posted a video, giving an update, since they have been quiet all off season doesn't amount to hype, let alone overhype.

The show announcement is coming soon. Just a little bit more waiting. I almost can't contain myself here at home! shutup.gif

So after hearing what the Crossmen are playing, what do you think? I'm excited!

• Like 1