Happy Birthday, DCP!

MikeN

EVERYONE !?!?

EVERYONE ?!?!

I knew they existed. I knew it !!

----

SHMNBN

I'm laughing because I know anyone who wasn't around drum corps Internet boards ten years ago has absolutely no idea what your'e talking about. That's got to put a burr under their saddle.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DCP!!!

And a huge thank you to everyone involved in not only making it happen, but keeping it going strong all these years. What a great site for all drum corps fans!

I am late also, HB DCP! It has been a great 10 years! So much more to come... I am sure. Bring on 2012!

Happy Birthday, DCP!

As always, a huge thanks to John D for keeping the site alive all these years - believe me when I say it 100% would *not* still be around without him.

And a huge thanks as well to the wonderful staff who do so well keeping things running behind the scenes you do not realize how much work gets put in back there!

(...and do you realize there are now a couple of generations of marching members who have never known an activity without us armchair quarterback fans commenting on every little thing that goes on in drum corps?)

Mike

:ph34r:

Happy Birthday DCP

Send in the Clowns.

'don't bother they're ( we're ) here !

• Like 1

Happy Birthday DCP.

I've been visiting the site for years but I'm a Johnny Come Lately as far as posting is concerned, but I've learned a life lesson on this site.

In 1978, I was at the CYO Nationals. I sat behind a group of "old men" (probably younger than I am now, but appeared to be ancient). They complained that Phantom was just making noise (Stravinsky opener), the Blue Devils didn't play any "songs," Blue Stars color guard should be wearing skirts even though the hot pants were not new, and the Bridgemen were a disgrace. North Star was a mess, the Jeannettes were weak, Holy Family Defenders were just plain loud, and the activity had gone to hell because no be knew any marches. Now, as I complain that color guards are not traditional, drum lines are too small, and how I miss the Key of G, I realize, I've become them.

Thanks for making me realize I'm a fossil.

I second the motion and offer my birthday congratulations. Although my data shows recent membership, I was reading the site in 2002 and it was not interactive. I didn't make it back until recently for reasons unrelatedly to DCP or D. The staff of DCP deserves Kudos (not the same as Kudzu you guys from Mississippi) for creating an avenue for discussion. Many thanks.

Kevin

• Like 1

Happy Birthday DCP.

I've been visiting the site for years but I'm a Johnny Come Lately as far as posting is concerned, but I've learned a life lesson on this site.

In 1978, I was at the CYO Nationals. I sat behind a group of "old men" (probably younger than I am now, but appeared to be ancient). They complained that Phantom was just making noise (Stravinsky opener), the Blue Devils didn't play any "songs," Blue Stars color guard should be wearing skirts even though the hot pants were not new, and the Bridgemen were a disgrace. North Star was a mess, the Jeannettes were weak, Holy Family Defenders were just plain loud, and the activity had gone to hell because no be knew any marches. Now, as I complain that color guards are not traditional, drum lines are too small, and how I miss the Key of G, I realize, I've become them.

Thanks for making me realize I'm a fossil.

You have a great memory to remember a show review for each Corps from a competition from over 33 years ago. I wouldn't remember what a group of people said about each Corps in performance from a show from just a few years ago, let alone one from over 30 years ago. Plus, when there are multiple people in a group giving their impressions on each of the Corps, they tend to not agree on all performances. Your group of " old men " from a show in 1978 was unusual in that " old men " usually can't agree on anything except on " old women ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1