Happy Birthday, DCP!

MikeN

You have a great memory to remember a show review for each Corps from a competition from over 33 years ago. I wouldn't remember what a group of people said about each Corps in performance from a show from just a few years ago, let alone one from over 30 years ago. Plus, when there are multiple people in a group giving their impressions on each of the Corps, they tend to not agree on all performances. Your group of " old men " from a show in 1978 was unusual in that " old men " usually can't agree on anything except on " old women ".

I'm assuming the guys may have stopped at a local watering hole prior to the show. I was also 15 at the time, so the "old men" were probably not that old (that's why it's in quotes). However, I will have to admit, I don't remember what they thought of the other corps who competed (I think there were 14 competitors that evening plus exhibitions). Now, as far as what matters most from the evening, I don't remember the actual performances of the corps. So while I can tell anecdotes about the stands, my memory of the actual competition is vague though I'm sure I loved it.