Roland Electronic Marching Percussion

40 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

I do have one quick comment on this...

Corps "A" fits their marching percussion with electronic triggers fed wireless into a source at the front sideline. These triggers can be turned on/off from a remote point or by a performer in the Front Ensemble (FE). As the "feature" approaches they are pulled in behind the FE with monitors facing each player (or pair/trio of players). This placement will put them not too far away from the sound source which faces towards the audience. As the feature begins, the triggers are switched "on" and the fun begins.

Why in the front ensemble? Couldn't the snares (or whoever...quads and even basses potentially too) have triggers on their drums like on the standard Roland electrics we saw on the video in my original post?

Either way...a great idea!!!! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I do have one quick comment on this...

Why in the front ensemble? Couldn't the snares (or whoever...quads and even basses potentially too) have triggers on their drums like on the standard Roland electrics we saw on the video in my original post?

Either way...a great idea!!!! :thumbup:

Let me clarify. The electronics would be in the battery, but since the battery is on the move, the module system (basically the mixing system) would have to be in the front ensemble. This would only be turned on and off by the front ensemble members.