Anyone Marched Cavaliers and Crown?

Pat61

I am wondering what the programs are like comparatively from someone who has marched both so they have a little less bias. I am planning on auditioning for Crown and Spirit this fall because they are close (Georgia Resident), but one of our instructors is a Cavaliers Vet and is encouraging me to Audition there instead. He keeps telling me that the brass program at Cavies is a much better learning environment and such, but that never made sense to me with Crowns freakin' awesome horn line. I am really looking for a good Corps experience with a level to learn too. I have thought about Corps Prestige and stuff and have realized that isn't really important (a very important thing to learn about an activity you love hahaha). Anyway, I am wondering if it is worth the money and effort to go up there to audition as well (or replacing Spirit). (I still have like 5 or so years of eligibility left, but would kind of like to spend them all with the same corps)

Edit: Or if you have marched any two of the ones listed in my signature, that would be nice to have opinions about.

Edited by Pat61

Editing the post I have already apologized for. No more inebriated DCP-ing for me!

Wow! negative 29 and counting! A new record for me! :shutup:

Edited by CQuinn
  • Like 7

I am wondering what the programs are like comparatively from someone who has marched both so they have a little less bias. I am planning on auditioning for Crown and Spirit this fall because they are close (Georgia Resident), but one of our instructors is a Cavaliers Vet and is encouraging me to Audition there instead. He keeps telling me that the brass program at Cavies is a much better learning environment and such, but that never made sense to me with Crowns freakin' awesome horn line. I am really looking for a good Corps experience with a level to learn too. I have thought about Corps Prestige and stuff and have realized that isn't really important (a very important thing to learn about an activity you love hahaha). Anyway, I am wondering if it is worth the money and effort to go up there to audition as well (or replacing Spirit). (I still have like 5 or so years of eligibility left, but would kind of like to spend them all with the same corps)

Edit: Or if you have marched any two of the ones listed in my signature, that would be nice to have opinions about.

Bras program at Cavies is okay. Tehy actually play above a mf now, but they aren't even close to the horn lines around them. If you want to play with an amazing sounding hornline who plays IN TUNE!!!!!!! go to Crown.

Both corps are great. I would just rather be with Crown myself. I also look at marching technique as a factor. And I couldn't deal with looking like a bag of ### the entire show, so that's another reason I would go to Crown.

Flame away... it's early Saturday morning... I don't care what I say.

• Like 8

If your instructor thinks you're good enough to march with the Cavaliers why would you even consider Crown? I mean - realistically there is no comparison between the two.

I wouldn't have put it quite the same way but you're right. Historically there is no real comparison.

• Like 4

I feel like he didn't read the part about prestige not mattering to me. xD

• Like 3

Bras program at Cavies is okay. Tehy actually play above a mf now, but they aren't even close to the horn lines around them. If you want to play with an amazing sounding hornline who plays IN TUNE!!!!!!! go to Crown.

Both corps are great. I would just rather be with Crown myself. I also look at marching technique as a factor. And I couldn't deal with looking like a bag of ### the entire show, so that's another reason I would go to Crown.

Flame away... it's early Saturday morning... I don't care what I say.

Double Post because I fail...

Thats the kind of stuff I was looking at... one of the things that first hooked me onto crown was their visual program. I hope that doesn't change with the staff changes.

From what I hear the Cavaliers have more of a laid back learning environment while corps like Crown can be a bit more strict. Although if you have the chance to march with the "best" hornline of the past few years, it might be hard to turn that down.

Both corps have good brass programs although I prefer the horn lines of corps like the Bluecoats and Blue Devils.

• Like 5