Phantom 2000

I know the story itself calls this a "rebuilding year" that was hard on the corps, but I really enjoyed the music here. Kinda wish they used a 12 tone work by Schoenberg, but still an absolutely ballin music book.

John Baumgartner became the new director this year as well.

From Regiment's website:

"Here's a snapshot of the 2000 Phantom Regiment:

1. Show title was "Masters of Mystique: the Dawn of Modern Music" - including Jeux, Petrouchka, Transfigured Night and Rite of Spring

2. The first year in the tan uniforms (red baldric)

3. First of two years with Michael Klesch as the brass arranger

4. 2000 was the end of the Water Crew and the beginning of members bringing their own water jugs

In 2000, the members worked hard and were pushed more than any other year I marched. It rained more than any other year. Nearly every day during Spring Training, we were hit with rain. In other years, rain meant we would dash inside and have sectionals, but in 2000, "inside" meant crammed under a picnic area or heading over to the Tile Center. It may very well be the year that caused us all to have drum corps dreams (nightmares?) for years to come. The tight scheduling, the re-learning of drill and the usual mishaps that hit us on our way down the road certainly took our toll. Many of my fellow 2000 corps members remember 2000 as the most difficult year to march, yet for me and many others, it was the year that the greatest and strongest friendships were formed. My closest and longest-lasting Phantom Regiment friendships began in 2000. You could compare the bonding to the likeness of being war buddies. Now, 10 years later, the 2000 Phantom Regiment has dried off, we can eat fruit again without groaning, and we can look back to that summer knowing that we survived and best yet, so did our friendships, memories and the Phantom Regiment!

Happy 10-year Anniversary, 2000 Phantom Regiment!

Read more: http://www.regiment.org/praa/story.cfm?ID=589#ixzz1mqS8jVGB"

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 2

Was that Tony halls year writing the drill? I know leon may was in 01... hmmm

I think Klesch wrote the brass book. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone know for certain who the designers were of the PR 2000 program that included Transfigured Night.

Thanks!

Most everything was posted already, but here is what I remember.

Brass Arranger - Michael Klesch

Drill Design - began with Brian Hildreth, replaced by Leon May

Percussion - Brian Mason

Guard - Jennifer Leseth

Program Coordinator - Dan Farrell

Dave

PR Sop 98-01

Most everything was posted already, but here is what I remember.

Brass Arranger - Michael Klesch

Drill Design - began with Brian Hildreth, replaced by Leon May

Percussion - Brian Mason

Guard - Jennifer Leseth

Program Coordinator - Dan Farrell

Dave

PR Sop 98-01

Program coordinator was Bill Petersen in 2000. Dan took over during the winter in 2001. Jennifer was the caption head, but the design work was done by a collection of folks.

Program coordinator was Bill Petersen in 2000. Dan took over during the winter in 2001. Jennifer was the caption head, but the design work was done by a collection of folks.

Bill was also responsible for coining the "Buicks" nickname during a pre-show warmup session during the summer of 1994.

• Like 1