WGI Promotions?

ATXguard

Since there have been a few weeks of regionals already, with some great scores for February, I'm sure there have been/ will be some promotions, but WGI probably will not announce them.

I say this because for the past few years at least, WGI has not made public announcements about promotions. Does anyone know how to find out if a group has been promoted other than the group itself just publicly announcing it?

Edited by ATXguard

Since there have been a few weeks of regionals already, with some great scores for February, I'm sure there have been/ will be some promotions, but WGI probably will not announce them.

I say this because for the past few years at least, WGI has not made public announcements about promotions. Does anyone know how to find out if a group has been promoted other than the group itself just publicly announcing it?

search their local circuit , chances are if they have been promoted they may have switched locally also. Would make sense if a guard did anyway.

WGI lists units by class under the 'color guard' tab. I assume when a guard is reclassified they would then fall under the class to which they have been promoted on the WGI site. Guards that competed in week #1 are just now getting their letters on the results of their review so WGI probably then waits a few days to make any changes to the website in order to give directors to share the news. Of course, I am guessing at all of this.

Where did you look to find this info?

Yup, looks like Nease HS has been promoted into Scholastic Open. Congrats!

They have been moved under current entries on wgi.org to Scholastic Open. Congratulations to Nease!

• Like 1

Just saw Francis Howell North on the Fan Network. WOW! Loved it! Can't wait to see it in person in Dayton!

*Edit - Also just watched Marcus HS. They were incredible, as was Round Rock HS! Marcus is going to Dayton, but I do not think Round Rock is going.

Edited by ATXguard

Watched some of the groups on the Fan Network. Nease and Marcus both look like open guards.....Francis Howell North (even with the high score) look like an A guard.....a very good A guard who could win in Dayton.....but not an open guard. Just my opinion.

Watched some of the groups on the Fan Network. Nease and Marcus both look like open guards.....Francis Howell North (even with the high score) look like an A guard.....a very good A guard who could win in Dayton.....but not an open guard. Just my opinion.

Yeah, that video doesn't do them justice. I saw that show live. I would say it's an open class show. And all three of the upstairs judges had it in box five with scores of 18+. Sure looks to me like they are sending a message with that score. Especially for the second weekend of regionals.

Regardless of classification, FHN was fierce. Those girls are intense. Should be very fun to see this show in Dayton again.