Boston Crusaders February Camp Update

I've gotta think that because of their early season tour schedule (heading out west immediately) that they're trying to get as much done in the preseason as possible.

Also, when you're in Florida, why wait till too late to start drill?

• Like 1

I've gotta think that because of their early season tour schedule (heading out west immediately) that they're trying to get as much done in the preseason as possible.

Also, when you're in Florida, why wait till too late to start drill?

Agreed...and even though I live in the Boston area and certainly miss them this time of year, one look at the video proves they have made the right decisions regarding WHERE to rehearse.

http://www.bostoncrusaders.com/news/230-feb-2012

A few interesting details on where they are at......

As band leader Lawrence Welk used to say....." thats so very niezza "

'looking forward to seeing what Boston has in store for us this year, Craiga.

Edited by BRASSO

Am I reading correctly that they played their "entire 2012 production" in ensemble? That seems like a pretty huge accomplishment for February, on top of 30 pages of drill, doesn't it?

Its hard to know. But I doubt it. The article did not state " PLAYED " their entire 2012 production" lets keep in mind here. The article said the 2 staff members ( Ellis, Pence ) " took them through their entire 2012 production". This " take them through " could mean they discussed with the Corps the entire production via percussion, brass, drill, etc and what the production would be attempting to accomplish thematically on the field this year or what not.Something along these lines. I seriously doubt the Boston Crusaders played their entire show's 2012 music in ensemble this past weekend. Its February. That said, it appears from the article that the Corps from their standpoint is in good shape and proceeding along well here in February. Thats what I took away from BAC's February camp report anyway.

Edited by BRASSO