Boston Crusaders February Camp Update

Anthony!

Wednesday was "Prince Spaghetti Day".

Hasn't it panned out over the years that if a corps has there complete show completed, the higher the first score in June, and the sooner they can start cleaning/making changes? If their first performance is judged without a drill ending, it's reflected in the score. That can put them a few contests behind many other corps. They may always be chasing others for the rest of the season. Eventually though, better talent on and off the field takes over

Wednesday was "Prince Spaghetti Day".

Hasn't it panned out over the years that if a corps has there complete show completed, the higher the first score in June, and the sooner they can start cleaning/making changes? If their first performance is judged without a drill ending, it's reflected in the score. That can put them a few contests behind many other corps. They may always be chasing others for the rest of the season. Eventually though, better talent on and off the field takes over

You would think it would work this way for early shows. But on the other hand, I've seen Corps with pedigree that don't have their show completed for the first few shows in June score higher in these shows than Corps that have completed their shows. Also, some of the early shows don't have guard judges judging guard at all. So if you have a good guard ( or a subpar guard ) it really doesn't have the impact in a Corps score as it should in June shows anymore either. Some of Corps placements and scores in June have very little relationship to what happens at Finals. What happens at the regionals have impact. June DCI shows unfortunately seem to be like Spring Training in MLB. Thats how I view June shows and Corps needing to be ready in June. If Corps were scored down for not being ready with a complete show for early June shows, and conversely Corps that were ready in June were rewarded for at least having their show completed, we'd see more Corps being ready with their complete show in the future for June. But thats not what we have now it seems to me.

Edited by BRASSO

I thought Respighi had aged out of the snare line with BAC a couple of years back, Liahona. He then took the pains to go to Rome or something like that. No ?

:tongue:

Wow! They sound great!!!

I gotta remember to get those Stanford tickets soon. I am so glad they are coming out here. They have been a favorite of mine for quite a while.

No, he was that Italian kid from the North End, wasn't he?

I heard he went to Braddock... :tongue: