Boston Crusaders February Camp Update

Its hard to know. But I doubt it. The article did not state " PLAYED " their entire 2012 production" lets keep in mind here. The article said the 2 staff members ( Ellis, Pence ) " took them through their entire 2012 production". This " take them through " could mean they discussed with the Corps the entire production via percussion, brass, drill, etc and what the production would be attempting to accomplish thematically on the field this year or what not.Something along these lines. I seriously doubt the Boston Crusaders played their entire show's 2012 music in ensemble this past weekend. Its February. That said, it appears from the article that the Corps from their standpoint is in good shape and proceeding along well here in February. Thats what I took away from BAC's February camp report anyway.

Hello BRASSO...

Yes the hornline is playing the entire show, and I believe the percussion section is not far behind. And, they did learn 30 pages of drill. The corps would like to make a good impression at their debut in California.

Hello BRASSO...

Yes the hornline is playing the entire show, and I believe the percussion section is not far behind. And, they did learn 30 pages of drill. The corps would like to make a good impression at their debut in California.

If Boston just played their entire music show in an ensemble in the month of February this past weekend, then thats jawdropping readiness on the part of their staff. I don't think I've ever recalled a Corps doing a complete run through with their brass line of the entire musical show music at a camp in the month of February. I'm sure maybe its been done before in the DCI Corps era, but I'm just not aware of it, thats all. You're close to the Corps, and from what I know a pretty honest guy, so if you're telling us Boston's brass line played the entire show in ensemble this past weekend, then I have no reason to believe otherwise, and thats pretty amazing stuff to hear about where this Corps is in their show progress. Thanks for the update clarification.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

If Boston just played their entire music show in an ensemble in the month of February this past weekend, then thats jawdropping readiness on the part of their staff. I don't think I've ever recalled a Corps doing a complete run through with their brass line of the entire musical show music at a camp in the month of February. I'm sure maybe its been done before in the DCI Corps era, but I'm just not aware of it, thats all. You're close to the Corps, and from what I know a pretty honest guy, so if you're telling us Boston's brass line played the entire show in ensemble this past weekend, then I have no reason to believe otherwise, and thats pretty amazing stuff to hear about where this Corps is in their show progress. Thanks for the update clarification.

you sure it's that big of a deal?

I know both years I marched world class we had our entire book by January...

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea how BAC's show preparations compares with other corps. And, I don't want to give the impression that they are ready to take the field....however, they are vastly ahead of where THEY have been in many years. Not trying to hype anything.....but they are in a good place right now. That is all. :smile:

I honestly have no idea how BAC's show preparations compares with other corps. And, I don't want to give the impression that they are ready to take the field....however, they are vastly ahead of where THEY have been in many years. Not trying to hype anything.....but they are in a good place right now. That is all. :smile:

I would in no way disagree with that. Nice work, Boston.

• Like 2

Hello BRASSO...

I like what I HEAR already...Respighi on the field again :smile:

I like what I HEAR already...Respighi on the field again :smile:

I thought Respighi had aged out of the snare line with BAC a couple of years back, Liahona. He then took the pains to go to Rome or something like that. No ?

Edited by BRASSO

I thought Respighi had aged out of the snare line with BAC a couple of years back, Liahona. He then took the pains to go to Rome or something like that. No ?

No, he was that Italian kid from the North End, wasn't he?

No, he was that Italian kid from the North End, wasn't he?

Anthony!